Musical instruments

I am learning both the Guitar and Violin.  I started with the Guitar first and play the chords with a pick. More recently I started to read music and learn the guitar fingerstyle.

In the past two weeks I have started to learn the Violin. However, I have to wear ear plugs because of it is so loud and starts sensory problems.

Does anyone else do something similar?

Parents
  • I've got a whole bunch of synths. I can't play with any real skill, but I know what to do technically to make music, piece-meal using a sequencer to enter all the data slowly or one note at a time in step-mode.

I look at it that the end result is all that matters - so being a highly skilled musician would just make me comparable to a CD player.

I buy & sell synths on Ebay because I enjoy the novelty of owning them but I get fed up with rubbish operating systems and limited sounds because of compromises in the synth engine.

I've got a Korg X3 - it has a great, powerful sound but the operating system is completely impenetrable. Like having everything you've ever created on a computer accessible only via a 4-line LCD. Useless.

Roland synths are easier to use but their sound is too clean & clinically weedy.

I think I might have another clear-out.

• Roland synths are easier to use but their sound is too clean & clinically weedy.

What do you think of the JV1080? I thought that was pretty good.

• The 1080 is great - I liked the vocal expansion card with Gregorian chants - I always wanted to use them but never created anything where they fitted.

• Lolololol, I never find a place for vocal type sounds. Most just end up as something turned way down on the mixer to create an atmosphere. I think the best thing I ever did with a vocal sound was on a proprietry software synth, but put through a filter which more or less made it a screech. PsychoRhodes is a patch I like.

• Lolololol, I never find a place for vocal type sounds. Most just end up as something turned way down on the mixer to create an atmosphere. I think the best thing I ever did with a vocal sound was on a proprietry software synth, but put through a filter which more or less made it a screech. PsychoRhodes is a patch I like.

Children
No Data