Cats

I like cats. Don't share my home with one anymore but I always enjoy their proximity. Below I will post some studies by Gwen John (brilliant artist) of her own cat. I hope that other catlovers will join in with photos or paintings that they enjoy. 

Parents
  • I often make that analogy that living with Asperger's is like being a cat in a world of dogs!  I love dogs... but cats are my pets of choice.  I have a 6-year-old rescue cat, Daisy, who came to me a couple of years ago.  She's my sole companion.  She likes attention - but strictly on her own terms.  I get home from work in the evenings and she's all over me for about five minutes.  Then off she goes to her own things - as I do to mine!  We complement each other perfectly!

Here are a few photos of her....

• I often make that analogy that living with Asperger's is like being a cat in a world of dogs!  I love dogs... but cats are my pets of choice.  I have a 6-year-old rescue cat, Daisy, who came to me a couple of years ago.  She's my sole companion.  She likes attention - but strictly on her own terms.  I get home from work in the evenings and she's all over me for about five minutes.  Then off she goes to her own things - as I do to mine!  We complement each other perfectly!

Here are a few photos of her....

Children
  • Very similar in looks to my cat when I was living with my parents,,her name was tiggy, ok obviously name choice given the tiger pattern,

we had a bond , she was independent but when it was time to settle she would curl up close, in the mornings she would wake me by nipping me under my nose on the bridge of skin,m yes ouch but not intended to actually hurt,,,, it bled ince or twice,,, she could purr for England and often salivated when really comfortable, she stood no nonesense either, if she didn’t want picking up she would let you know with attitude, so not unlike me,,hugs were only when needed not unforced Lol.