It all makes sense.....

Although I am not officially diagnosed Aspergers although I'm 99.9% confident I am and still awaiting my first assesment I cannot help but think my love for Mathematics and Computers and playing chess could be related possibly to being an Aspie.

I have always found Maths interesting and although never an expert on it would consider myself good at it. Last Semptember I enrolled on a Maths GCSE course at my local college it lasted about 9 months I skipped a few weeks and end of year revision classes but still managed to pass and found out only 22% of adults aged 17+ actually passed the maths GCSE this year so I was really proud when I got my results a few weeks ago. 

I also enrolled on an computer course level 1 and passed this too all with working full time and living with a wife and kids. It was hard and stressful mind as I couldn't find my much needed time out but the enjoyment of working my brain made it worth while. I don't know if any of you are the same but I love working things out or fixing things or playing games console to keep my mind ticking feels great.

Anyway I also love chess I was in chess club at school and even beat a chess player whilst on holiday who kept bragging he was the "chess master". I find it hard playing chess on a games console for some reason and alot easier on the actual board game maybe because I'm up close and get a better view.

Anyway my point of this short story is I'm thinking maybe why I excel at things I enjoy could be related to being an Aspie and it would make sense.

Do any others on here enjoy Mathematics, Computers and Chess?

Parents
  • Some great replys I have taken apart and fixed broken PS3 games consoles and upgraded my Desktop Computers for example adding extra ram or graphics cards etc nothing too difficult but it would be great at some point to go to college and learn how to build one from scratch and program it. 

My next plan is to get my level 2 in ECDL this year and then hopefully start a foundation accountancy course next year. At some point I would like to do a course on building computers.

• Some great replys I have taken apart and fixed broken PS3 games consoles and upgraded my Desktop Computers for example adding extra ram or graphics cards etc nothing too difficult but it would be great at some point to go to college and learn how to build one from scratch and program it. 

My next plan is to get my level 2 in ECDL this year and then hopefully start a foundation accountancy course next year. At some point I would like to do a course on building computers.

Children
No Data