Hills - Arranged Partly In Line With The Quadrants, Anyone?

Greetings Anyone (!). But I expect this to be a very short if not completely "dead" Thread... (Sorry it has likely nothing to do with Autism, though.)

Is there, near to where you live, a small HILL (covered with Grass)? And if you travel a bit, there is another small HILL... and if you travel further - either backwards or forwards, are there more Hills... and if mapped, then they extend upon a LINE OF HILLS...?

Every Hill is in a Grassy area: some may be fenced-off, others may have a Concrete/Iron Utility Cover on them (like Drain Covers or other types of Access), or some may even have "Play Areas for small children" half-heartedly built upon them. But they are always a little "Bump" at least Seven-Foot wide, in a Grassy Area. Councils seem not allowed to dig these up and/or build upon them, and they are always built around, over, or are fenced off.

I have read some things about "Ancient Long Barrows". But I cannot find information about them being in lines, Quadrants or "GPS" in relation to Hills... might anyone have any information? There may be Historical Significance, but I cannot find that either.

(I only begin this Thread now, because I remember it, and this is one of those things which I cannot find out more about anywhere, and if I ever had the chance to Post something upon a Public Internet Forum, then this was one of the questions I had.) Surely someone else has noticed these things apart from myself...?

• Greetings again from this OP. As this Thread carried on, I thought I should answer again. CloudyMountains and LoneWarrior are most likely correct. This is London, after all. To follow a Ley Line or Historical things, is not difficult here, since the Conquerors would have lopped whacking great big CHURCHES on top of them, and those are in a line as well. I mentioned "Long Barrows" because I had no idea what these things were or why they were treated as if special. But I think my own question is answered, though... most of them are nothing so "mysterious"...

When it comes to History, Ley Lines, Barrows, and the great vast underground system (Sewage, War Shelters, Caverns, Reservoirs, whatever) under this City... any of those would indeed make up a massive Thread of their own. But again and now again I say - Thank You for all of the answers. (Had I the physical energy, all of this would still be a hobby to investigate further, for it is all highly fascinating. I mean it!)

• Hello Song!

No problem! Have you been to any of the sites? I love Avebury. It does have a very strange feeling. I don't know how to explain it. The Tea Rooms at Avebury Manor are also a place I enjoy. Scones and ancient Neolithic sites, always a good day.

I used to live near Findhorn in Scotland. That is a place to visit. There is a weird eco-village/commune there built on a supposed convergence of ley lines. There are neolithic stones all around the region. We'd do mushrooms or Mescaline (I was young, drugs are bad, mmmkay!) and watch the sun go down over the Forth of Firth. Some of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. Then you could see every star in the sky. Everything was perfect. It helped that I watched them with one of the only women I've ever been in love with. Some of my only good experiences on psychedelics. I'm not sure about ley lines but those were magical times. I'm lucky to have those memories.

Sorry to get all glossy eyed, lol. I just couldn't help it! Maybe ley lines do have some kind of power, never had a bad day around one!

• Hi Cloudy, oh I know all about the ley lines and the barrows, I meant the bumps that DC has seen.

Song

• Well (get it?) I may not be right about the grassy bumps but have found a story about an underground reservoir. Enjoy,

They do vary in size, depth, and regardless of all that the work that went into them and other structures was truly amazing.

www.harringayonline.com/.../fencing-off-of-finsbury-park-reservoir

• Avebury, Glastonbury, Stonehenge, Old Sarum and Tintagel are all supposedly points.

•  i knew about water towers, there are some beautiful examples out there, but I didn't know about the under the ground ones, I used to be fascinated about our water systems and am quite disappointed that I never discovered them. Do you know where I could find some?

Song

• ...Gracious me, and Thanks to all who replied so far...

To Elephant-In-The-Room and Song, I have read about such things, and have (once had) great interest in them...

To LoneWarrior and Cloudy Mountains...the two of you are most likely correct, I think...! The thing is, I live in London, and have never seen these hills "dug up" as far as I remember. (Forty Years, note.) They (workers) always dig Around them, up Houses or Pavements, or Parks near to them... but they never touch the Hill itself. This is why I wondered what the darn things were about... and so Thanks for the insights.

Not sure what else to say, now... (!) Apart from Thank You very much to all...!

• Hi DC 

have you read much about Ley Lines (or fairy paths)?

“Philip Carr-Gomm and Richard Heygate describe the origin of ley lines in their "Book of English Magic": "Alfred Watkins, a landscape photographer in Herefordshire, noticed that ancient sites seemed to be aligned with others nearby. His idea was that our ancestors built and used prominent features in the landscape as navigation points. These features included prehistoric standing stones and stone circles, barrows and mounds, hill forts and earthworks, ancient moats, old pre-Reformation churches, old crossroads and fords, prominent hilltops and fragments of old, straight tracks. Watkins went on to suggest that that the lines connecting these ancient sites represented old trackways or routes that were followed in prehistoric times for the purposes of trade or religious rites, and in 1921 he coined the term 'ley lines' to describe these alignments."

https://www.livescience.com/41349-ley-lines.html

• If they’re burial mounds I can only assume the correct erm is “terminal” - :) 

• Hi DC you may well find out they are underground water reservoirs!

I quite often visit such places in my line of work, in fact I had to demolish one once near Henley on Thames, it was no longer needed as bigger pipes are now in place creating networks across the country.

There would be one built as small hamlets became bigger as new houses were built, supply and sudden demand meant instant water supplies were needed, so underground tanks were constructed, they work well as the temperature stays at a constant which helps reduce algae growth. And kept dark as sunlight promotes blue/ green algae which can poison water.

Many places had above ground tanks and some were very ornate consisting of well constructed brick towers with the steel tank up high, the height was so gravity fed the surrounding population. In fact I dreamt of living in one as my most favourite tv character as a child was Catweezle! He was a magician or wizard from the past who accidentally got teleported into the future, he lived in a steel tank high up away from other beings where he could hide.

Underground reservoirs rely on pumps which are complex in design as they have to be very variable depending on sudden demands.The one I demolished was at first sight in a quadrant shape, straight bumps and shallows of grass hills running parallel to one another.

I first removed the grass/turf and soil, then removed the subsoil to reveal brickwork, before work commenced we had chance to enter the underground reservoir.

it was awesome, the remaining  water was so very clear but with a slight turquoise hue, the brickwork was coated in pure white deposits of calcium deposits from the water, years of build up just like the deposits found in staligmites and staligtights,

the cialing was made of visible arched brick work, it was like being in a cathedral, it echoed well. 

We theorised what the now redundant reservoir could be used as.

best suggestion was as a pub or club.

it took a lot to break the brick arches as it was so well built.

anyway even if they turn out to be something other than what I suggest you have now found enlightenment in underground water storage reservoirs Lol.

x()x

• Are they tumulus? Ancient burial mounds? ( should that be tumuli?)

If you have a look on an OS map you should be able to see if they are man made.

• Drain junctions, they leave them like that for access reasons. Hope that helps!