Self Entitlement

I don't understand where the self entitled attitudes of people that post here comes from? Autism isn't a death sentence and it doesn't stop you from being alive start actually living your life instead of acting like the world owes you

Parents
  • I don't think it's so much a sense of 'self entitlement' but more a case of 'self not being disadvantaged when compared to other non-autistic people'.

No, autism is not in itself a death sentence.  And left alone (my 'self entitlement' to not having others interfere with the way I want to do things and run my life) I function to my own satisfaction with few problems. 

But having others try to dictate the way I do things, telling me what I should and should not be doing when I am merely minding my own business and harming no one else, and being criticised for the way I see and do things means I do have a sense of 'self entitlement'.  I am only asking for me to not have to suffer detriment due to my autism. 

And surely that is not too much to ask.

• I don't think it's so much a sense of 'self entitlement' but more a case of 'self not being disadvantaged when compared to other non-autistic people'.

No, autism is not in itself a death sentence.  And left alone (my 'self entitlement' to not having others interfere with the way I want to do things and run my life) I function to my own satisfaction with few problems. 

But having others try to dictate the way I do things, telling me what I should and should not be doing when I am merely minding my own business and harming no one else, and being criticised for the way I see and do things means I do have a sense of 'self entitlement'.  I am only asking for me to not have to suffer detriment due to my autism. 

And surely that is not too much to ask.

Children
No Data