Snow!

We so rarely get it in my corner of south-east England.  This morning, we've a real blizzard!  I can't go to work because the day centre's shut with the weather.

So... I've been out and taken some photos...

Parents Reply Children
  • My heart breaks for the business’s who may loose or more correctly, may not make as much money while we are having snow, not! Sorry, couldn’t help that. I don’t really care how much money business’s make, or how much money  any body makes so I suppose only people who value money so highly (which I’m not saying is ‘wrong’ by the way),  would care about how much less money they are able to make while it snows. They could make the most of it and enjoy the snow, like those of us who care less about money and more about themselves, they could have a lovely time at home or out in the snow or whatever or they could also look at other ways to make money for when the weather does its thing and snows. Either that or they could work on finding a way to control the weather to suit them. 

• Ah, I’m sorry you don’t like being at home. Is it just the house that you’re in or that you just don’t like being at home at all? 

• Sorry,I could get out but looking after my OH as she has been very unwell lately.

So unusual for me to be at home instead of outside working, yes even the snow seldom stops us working, I used to be on call for snow clearing with machines, I imagine our drivers will be dispatched to main distribution centres locally. 

A relentless job as soon as you clear onevarea it gets covered again. Buisness looses money if trucks can’t load or deliver, we clear distribution companies and local shopping centres, 

A very long day ahead for me climbing walls.

• You can’t get out of your house Lonewarrior? You don’t like being at home? 

• YaY we’re still snowing a little here, not much, but there are definitely some little flakes falling. I’m looking after the grandchildren today so it’s outside all day today for us so hopefully it’ll come thick and heavy today. 

• Yeah.  The main roads were almost clear last night.  Covered again now.  And my bath waste pipe is frozen, so I can't have a shower.  Cold-water wash.  Brrrrr....