Changing clothes- can anyone identify with this ?

Can anyone identify with this? Clothes: I change my socks and underpants every day and my t shirt and trousers every 3 days. Today I noticed my trousers were marked after 2 days so put them in the washing bin. My t shirt wasn't messy but because I didn't want to get out of sync with changing my tshirt and trousers I put that in the washing bin as well. The idea of getting out of sync with my clothes makes me feel uncomfortable.

• Sounds like you got some great purchases lonewarrior and I’m glad you’re dressing for you now.  I mostly wear my family’s cast offs. I wear clothes from my sister, my niece, her boyfriend and my son. I’m currently wearing clothes from my son. I generally wear what ever is closest to hand and always I wear my trusted wellies which look great in this weather. 

I bought a beautiful Victorian cloak thing from an antique shop once but I haven’t worn it yet. I loved how they dressed in that era and how they spoke. Their societal rules seemed much easier to follow back in their time. 

• I am into my fourth week of actually buying and dressing how I want to.

everything I buy is second hand apart from underwear and socks, 

Shopping around for second hand clothes is in itself a joyful experience as the people I meet are nice honest folks, I have a good eye for detail and know instantly if an item looks right, 

no pretences or overvalued ideals.

I now have three sets of clothes that work for me, all based on Victorian style, Not that peeky blinders rubbish I recently heard about.( google it)

My look is Victorian working class in his Sunday best, so mismatched practical and hard wearing without looking like the landed gentry or squire,

I feel happy and contented dressed this way, for me it feels right.

So far all the many things I have purchased have cost me less than thirty pounds, that’s more than I would ever spend on myself, but I can stop buying as much as now I have enough to swap about and feel confident in.

apparently just one jacket I bought cost £50 when new, The shoes I bought last week are all leather and a fair bit worn but again amazed that some fool paid around £90 when they were new, 

X()x

• Some of us get this (thrill or high) from putting on new clothes for the first time.

• I can understand that, I don't like getting new clothes. It's odd because I might see items I really like but then I start doubting they'll be comfortable or worry about things like the patterns on the buttons annoying me after I buy them and the whole thing just ends up more stressful than it needs to be. Not helped by the fact that I absolutely cannot bear clothes shops and the process of shopping! I've never understood why the whole world seems to believe women love shopping.  

• I do wash my clothes regularly, but don't like getting new ones. I keep them clean, but use the same few items until they wear out.

My son would happily keep the same clothes on day and night for ages if I didn't remind him to change.

• Lol,,,,glad I am not the only one, I wash in preference to showering, 

Natural odour is real.

• What is really disgusting is one person ( who is no longer with us!) Kept same underwear for 6 days. Bathed only on Saturday nights and put fresh clothes on for Sunday and church. Then Sunday night wanted his old dirty clothes back for Monday.  And started arguing when fresh clean clothes were given to him.

• I’d never change my clothes if I didn’t have to, I don’t even like taking them off for bed, so I often don’t. I put clean or cleanish clothes on if I’m venturing out in public but if I’m at home I keep the same clothes on for days (day and night) and I’m in heaven. 

I’m all out of sync today and traced it back to my shower. I wasn’t going out so having a shower when not going out has really thrown me. 

• I am frightened about my clothes smelling, so when I have to meet people (most days) I will usually wear completely fresh clothes.

I feel guilty because it is bad for ecology washing clothes too often (especially fleeces). I nowadays have tens of exactly the same tight fitting clothes and only the top layer might be different (so others probably think I always wear the same :-) ).

I sweat a lot with stress and I have no idea what other people can smell or not smell. They are probably less sensitive than I am. But I think my sense of smell is 50% less acute than it was when I was younger, which makes me even less secure about wearing things twice.

I don't wash my winter coat, because you can't wash it without special detergent. I hope that doesn't smell :-) It would be great for people who live alone that there would be someone impartial you could ask this kind of thing :) you please sniff this and tell me if I can wear it. 

• That (week old underwear) sounds quite disgusting I'm afraid. I'd rather go commando than that!  

• Yes i definitely feel muddled if my clothing routine is altered. It's partly because then i have to remember what i have and haven't changed, and partly because i never know what matches or clashes with everything else. Making any decisions regarding clothing can really throw me, particularly if i'm in a hurry due to a change of plan. Nice to know it's not just me.

• Fresh clothes every day, pants, socks, jeans or trousers and whatever top in contact with skin changed every day. Jumpers etc three days so long as clean, suits there wears the dry clean. Jackets longer but washed frequently.

Every morning I showed and shave, if I get sweaty I'll have a second shower and wear fresh clothes. Fresh clothes when I go to the gym. Hats in cold weather get washed once a week or more frequently if sweaty. I very rarely wear gloves but keep them clean as well. Other things in contact with skin I change bed sheets every week on Sunday, in summer when it's hot I'll also change pillow cases on Thursday as well as Sunday. Two towels which I use on alternate days, wash towels and change to a different set every Sunday. Golf glove rinsed in clean water after every game. Unless there's a very specific reason I won't wear the same pair of shoes on consecutive days so that they always have a proper chance to air.

Bit of a clean freak and I like my routine, even if I've been away for most of the week I'll still change sheets on a Sunday or the first day back etc. I love the feel of clean clothes on my skin, I don't like the worn feeling, I usually don't like the feeling with fabric conditioner either as it makes the clothes feel softer and more worn.

• When discussing frequency of clothes changing we can end up in very deep quicksand very quickly.

I like to think that I am sensible with no obsessive clothes changing behaviour.

Every day change underpants.

Change socks, shirts etc after i bathe, two or three times a week.

Change trousers once a week.

Change other clothes when they get dirty or have food spillage etc.

But I have known people with severe resistance to changing clothes.  Wearing same underpants for over a week, same trousers every day for three months or more.  Same jacket for year or two (every day.  The smell is. Nauseated face

• Yes. I change my socks, underwear and outer layer (jumper or whatever) every day but only change my under-top (vest top or whatever) and trousers every second or third day. This is with my 'home' clothes which I never wear to town or to any community events but I do wear them out and about in the village.

If there's an unexpected (or forgotten until the last minute) community event and I have to change into my 'deliberately meeting people' clothes, it throws off my schedule and I'm never quite sure whether to save them until tomorrow or to wash them a day early   :/   Sometimes I decide to save them but then they feel too dirty to wear the next day. Other times I decide to wash them but they feel too clean to wash and I start wondering if I'm being OCD again. It just doesn't feel right if my routine is disturbed.