Burnout or depression? or both :''')

Hellooo, I am really in need of some advice from other autistic people that have experienced something similar, which I'm sure a lot of you have!

I'm 20 and tried to go to uni last year, got into law at a great uni, but after like a month and a half my mental health absolutely spiralled and I dropped out six moths later. It has been almost a year since I stopped attending university and I haven't gotten better yet. I know it's going to be a very long process, but I don't feel like any progress is being made as everything feels so impossibly hard. I'm not doing well looking after myself, showering, brushing teeth, cooking etc. I almost never leave my flat. I've also started to struggle with alcohol abuse.

Do you have any tips on how to start making progress? I feel so stuck, and angry at myself. I'm in therapy, but that doesn't help with actually DOING things yk?? All replies will be greatly appreciated :)

Parents
  • I experienced a similar thing to you. I was 18 and life was going good for me then I started smoking weed then my mental health started spiralling down hill fast. I’m not the same after everything that happened. I may not go back to the way I was after everything. I wasn’t at uni but I dropped out my job just dropped out of everything basically. It didn’t get me anywhere. In the weed haze I thought I was going to be a massive musician who was going to be all over the world playing for millions of people. None of this happened. Life has been better but I had to start going to things again and getting out there. I understand uni might have been too much for you but in my opinion it is better to stick in at something. You’re only 20 you can join a course right now if you want. 

• Did you get into music at all? Tbh the only thing I have ever loved is music and I was considering pursuing it to help with my self esteem, I would love to hear more about what you tried during this "going all over the world entertaining people" phase? That's not my goal though, fame is not something I want lol, I know I couldn't handle it anyways

• Well me and my friend would stay up until 4 or 5 AM playing songs on the guitar it was really surreal. My friend could really play some great songs. He played a song that reminded me of train tracks for some reason lol. We loved lil peep and Declan McKenna people like that. I still love Lil Peep to this day. I identified with the song Lil Peep made called ‘Falling down’ because I felt like I was falling down at the time. 

• Well me and my friend would stay up until 4 or 5 AM playing songs on the guitar it was really surreal. My friend could really play some great songs. He played a song that reminded me of train tracks for some reason lol. We loved lil peep and Declan McKenna people like that. I still love Lil Peep to this day. I identified with the song Lil Peep made called ‘Falling down’ because I felt like I was falling down at the time. 

Children
No Data