Completely devastated

Hi I'm Jess and I'm 16. A few months ago I found out I have ASD, aspergers. It makes sense because I've always been worried about social things and preferred to be on my own and got very stressed over social rules. I was advised to slowly when I was ready to start to tell people. So I did. And my close friend took it well, and said she was there for me. But then she made me feel completely isolated and told me I kept harassing her and stalking her( I really didn't I didn't contact her at all out of school) and she laughed and me being autistic and called me an autistic mess and that I was a stalker. And I am devastate and don't know what to think. I don't think I can forgive her, is it ok not to forgive? And now I'm worried about what it will be like when we are in school and I can't enjoy my summer because I'm worried about who I will sit with for lunch. I know it sounds silly but this is a huge deal for me x

Parents
  • Hi Jess,  you don't sound silly at all my love, I remember back in my school days how much friendships were such a big thing so very normal for this to upset you.  From what you say your friend doesn't sound a very nice friend, it would be easy for me to advise you to walk away from her and find kinder friends because that is easier said than done HOWEVER, that doesn't mean you have to put up with an unkind friend so my advice would be working on yourself to gain the strength and wisdom to let go of people that are not right for you, if you like reading I would recommend a great book that helped me through some tough times by Susan Jeffers called Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway - good luck Jess x

• Hi Jess,  you don't sound silly at all my love, I remember back in my school days how much friendships were such a big thing so very normal for this to upset you.  From what you say your friend doesn't sound a very nice friend, it would be easy for me to advise you to walk away from her and find kinder friends because that is easier said than done HOWEVER, that doesn't mean you have to put up with an unkind friend so my advice would be working on yourself to gain the strength and wisdom to let go of people that are not right for you, if you like reading I would recommend a great book that helped me through some tough times by Susan Jeffers called Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway - good luck Jess x

Children
No Data