Hi ... Struggling with ASD

Hi all. I'm Autistic and I'm struggling bad with it. Specifically with drinking, anxiety and sensitivity to pain, smell and touch. I've got little to no social skills so I'm lonely and depressed with it. My biggest problem is with drinking. I get dehydrated pretty much every day now, constantly feel dizzy and like I'm going to faint very off balance, upset stomach, feel sick, sweating all time, in pain and generally feeling poorly. I know I don't drink enough, I know that but I seriously don't ever feel thirsty. I have to force myself to drink, but I can only manage to drink like 4 glasses a day, and usually only half the drink can't manage it all. Before I've had to get fluids in hospital and that's so stressful for me. I feel so poorly and I just don't know what to do about this. Every day I feel like I'm going to faint, just don't know what to do because I don't feel thirsty ever. I'm really scared about this. So scared. It's triggering my anxiety and depression, I just want everything to be ok and stress free but it isn't and I don't know what to do to make it better. I hate ASD, it's so problematic and it's making my life so hard to live now. It's caused me a lot of depression. Hate it all.

Parents
  • I assume you are taking prescribed medication ? Without water your body CANNOT rid the poisons. Also, your kidneys will start to fail.If you do drink booze your body CANNOT expell it without water. Your symptoms are your body sending you a message. I drink a lot also but i force myself to drink about 8 pints of water per Day. If you take Lithium and dont drink water then it,s a time bomb waiting to go off. Do yourself a favour, drink LOTS of water EVERY Day.

• I assume you are taking prescribed medication ? Without water your body CANNOT rid the poisons. Also, your kidneys will start to fail.If you do drink booze your body CANNOT expell it without water. Your symptoms are your body sending you a message. I drink a lot also but i force myself to drink about 8 pints of water per Day. If you take Lithium and dont drink water then it,s a time bomb waiting to go off. Do yourself a favour, drink LOTS of water EVERY Day.

Children
  •  I get dhydrated and have been told to drink more, i have kidney problems. But during the daytime i have to keep reminding myself 'cos i'm not thirsty, it's different of a night, i take a flask to bed, and need to get up for a wee perhaps half-a-dozen times and am very thirsty. To take away the bland taste of the water, i add a couple of squirts of lemon juice, the type you put on pancakes.