Logos

I would like to know your opinions concerning the logo for Autism.

Until recently I didn’t know about the group “Autism Speaks” who still use the blue puzzle piece as a logo for Autism, I read up on it and I found the history disturbing and upsetting.

I read that the colour blue is stereotypical to claim only males are autistic or more autistic than females, and more. Some accounts I’ve read prefer the puzzle piece if a new meaning to it is accepted, like meaning we all have a place in the full picture unified instead of meaning we’re incomplete as so many use to believe. I saw others who condemn the puzzle piece and prefer other logos like the rainbow infinity sign for neurodiversity.

I found it so upsetting that this “Autism Speaks” preaches a false and stereotypical perception of Autism to the public, and claims autistic people are a burden to society, a disease, and even a tragedy. I read the two founders of this group are neurotypical grandparents with an autistic grandson and want a cure and ABA as it use to be, I can’t believe anyone alive today would want to do to autistic people what Ole Ivar Lovaas intended to do after all the mental issues we’ve witnessed masking causes.