Does anyone have problems with playing video games for hours on end without stopping every day?

I have always played video games since I was young. I am now 31.

Currently I probably play 3 hours average per day plus 4-5 at weekends.  I can become incredibly invested.

Time just seems to pass by very quickly and I only really stop because my partner tells me to. 

Anyone experience this?  Is it good? Or is it bad?

Cheers

Parents
  • I think it's only a bad thing if it starts to interrupt and affect your day to day life. So if it gets in the way of your work and eating and so on.

But playing video games is also a good thing because it improves hand eye coordination, problem solving and increases imagination. So long as you don't let it take over your life it can be a positive and healthy pastime.

I play video games every day as it's my career. It's something I enjoy and I don't have to go out to work so it's the best of both worlds for me.

• I think it's only a bad thing if it starts to interrupt and affect your day to day life. So if it gets in the way of your work and eating and so on.

But playing video games is also a good thing because it improves hand eye coordination, problem solving and increases imagination. So long as you don't let it take over your life it can be a positive and healthy pastime.

I play video games every day as it's my career. It's something I enjoy and I don't have to go out to work so it's the best of both worlds for me.

Children
No Data