advice on finding a suitable job

I'm 20 years old and diagnosed with ASD and really struggling to find a job that is suitable for me, I have been to countless interviews and got jobs but struggled to cope with the busy environment and end up quitting. I tried being self employed and had my own business for a while but I closed it due to not being able to manage as I get to stressed out easily and I don't have any support. And I'm now looking again at getting a job 

Has anyone got any advice or guidance on finding a job that will support me into employment with my ASD?

Parents
  • Well, the one good thing the pandemic did was have us all working at home and a lot of organisations are now scaling down or completely giving up office space.

It might mean you can now find something where you don't often have to be physically in the office and they may be more inclined to consider working from home to be a reasonable adjustment to secure your skills.

I know I've loved escaping the hours of sensory bombardment that is the commute and the stressors of the open plan office. I have so much more time and so much more energy and so much less stress.

• Well, the one good thing the pandemic did was have us all working at home and a lot of organisations are now scaling down or completely giving up office space.

It might mean you can now find something where you don't often have to be physically in the office and they may be more inclined to consider working from home to be a reasonable adjustment to secure your skills.

I know I've loved escaping the hours of sensory bombardment that is the commute and the stressors of the open plan office. I have so much more time and so much more energy and so much less stress.

Children