Getting a Job minimum wage stuff is my only option bare in mind

Are there any sites that employ people with disabilities. Like I suck big time at interviews due to my lack of social skills. Had a job before covid but had to leave due to sheilding as like most of us on the spectrum I have a weak immune system so was CEV. I had a trial shift at M&S in the bakers district but didn't make the cut as I wasn't quick enough or suited to an independent job role where I'd be working by myself due to my anxiety. I've been a chef, farmer and even done retail in the past. Only work I can seem to get is voluntary work. But hey volentry work isn't go to pay towards my pension. My biggest problem is my anxiety when it comes to the general public and interviews I guess. I went for an interview at Waitrose lately mentioned I was autistic and needed a reader. Finished the interview before I even got home I got an email back saying you didn't get. I also find if I tell the employer I'm Autistic they just don't Wana know and give you a chance even though I'm more than capable of meanial labour like till work and shelf stacking. Anyone ellse find it ducky finding a job. I read that the majority of Autistic people are also unemployed due to similar reasons. Why is know one protesting this. 

• Is that education with children?

I could never do that.  I hated my school days and missed weeks and months of schooling at various times.

• That's exactly where I am too.  I don't think I can continue doing my job.

• Two of my firings were very harsh and demoralising.

I was working as a support worker with adults who had multiple physical and mental health issues.  I got along with the clients but the management and most of the staff hated me.  In the end the management played games, giving me rotas which clashed, I was expected to be working in two different places at the same time, I was even left off the rota in one week, I was expected to work 15 hours without a break.  At my dismissal hearing I was really slandered, innocent incidents were totally blown out of proportion.  I was fired and told that I was totally unsuitable for this line of work, I couldn't be trusted to work alone and I was unable to work in teams.  And my behaviour was described as bizzare.

At one time I was looking for retail and supermarket work, after failing several interviews I was sent by the job centre on a compulsory two week retail training scheme, where we were guaranteed a real interview at the end.

After the first week I was asked to leave by the training centre manager.  I asked him for the reason, initially he refused, he just told me to leave.  I explained that if I walked out then the job centre would stop my benefits because I would be intentionally unemployed.  So why am I being asked to leave?  His eventual reply was.

1. The training staff want me to leave because they are terrified of me.
    2. I don't fit in with the rest of the group.
    3. I don't belong there.
    4. A supermarket wouldn't employ me in a million years.
    5. So there's no point in me staying there.
    6. Just leave!

I asked why they were terrified of me. He said they are afraid of what I might say or do.  

The important point is they are afraid of what I might say or do.  Not what I said or did.  It was a preemptive dismissal.

• Tbf yeah economy problems have made it harder and more competitive. More or less like being back in a recession. But if your Autistic thats more like a good few years of unemployment. I'm just great full I'm still living at home as I realise it could be a lot harder for me otherwise. Still something needs to change . For example if your on minum wage that's like a grand a month when your working. But by the time you've paid 500 quid rent budgeted for food for the month your probably left with 200 for month and half that will go on transport if you were living independently getting back and from work each day by the time all costs accounted for your left with what 50 quid by the end of month. And I don't even do drugs apart from ciggertes and that's regular ciggertes not cannabis. Couldn't afford drugs even if I wanted too.

• I was fired from JD Sports and Pets at Home so I understand. 

I work in education now but I feel overwhelemd every day and am really struggling to keep my job

• Its not great, but things may change as the economy improves.

If you are bored you could consider studying, doing courses, or teaching yourself things.  It can help with job applications if you can show you are working on yourself.

• When I was working I could manage the job fine in a kitchen I loved it as it was like production lines routines and yeah all fitted into place problem was the nurotypical ass holes I had to work along side because they knew I had more of a brain then they did they saw me as threat they new about my autism too and didn't want to be made a fool out of by someone who was autistic this always has been a thing. Nurotypicals perseve us to be stupid when IQ wise were actually more intelligent than a nurotypical weather we lack qualifications or not. Qualifications don't mean you have a high IQ or your intelegent it just means you put the time in for a digree. 

• More or less how I'm feeling. On my employment I have a number of jobs my reason for leaving each job in the past is due to be being bullied out of them by coworkers and even bosses and manager's. So it's kind of hard to exsplain gaps in unemployment and changes in jobs. How do most of you guys who aren't unemployed cope take it like me you have to sighn on? Now I've mentioned to universal I do have genuine disability though I know longer have to go in on a weekly and I'm not pressured to find to work. But I'm so board not working and it's crap money living off universal too. Luckily I still live at home but it's bullshit the lack of basic human rights autistic people get in the work place. Our government suck to as they do nothing about it even though they know there is huge unemployment gap with autisic people or those with unsean disabilities in general. Pisses me off. 

• Some employers can be very harsh, others more accepting.  It would help if they explained why they think you are unemployable, so ask why next time.  How did you feel it went when you were working?   Were there any difficulties or issues?  Sometimes though they just sack people they don't like, or don't fit in, even if they were doing well.  You might need employment support, so look into that.

• Working with chefs will be tough, so probably not ideal, but you could try other food jobs that might be less harsh.

• Minimum wage job!!!!

I've been fired from minimum wage jobs and told that I'm unemployable.

I welcome any useful advice.

• I'll have a look problem in my area is I'm limited due to lack of transportation. But yeah that sounds alright  I apply for pretty much anything but it's finding jobs that make comparises and actually understand autism. I've faced a lot of bullying in work from co workers even bosses in the past because of my autism. One of the reasons I left chefing as it caused me to have a mental break down in the end. I enjoyed the work but just couldn't stand or tolerate the people I had to work along side there were a couple of nice chefs usually you find it's the forgien ones that are nicest but the vast majority of chefs are ass holes and Wana be gordan Ramsay's

• Thanks I'll sighn up to it 

• warehousing picker packer jobs are easy to get an everywhere and accept everyone without any questions asked or bother about cvs or work history. no interviews either which is good, usually instant start, but agency for 3 months before you get offered full time contract.

• Have you tried https://findajob.dwp.gov.uk - there is a Disability Confident link top-left after you have searched for jobs, click on that and it will limit the job listings to employers that are confident taking on disabled people.  Doesn't mean you'll get an easy interview, and it doesn't mean they understand autism, but you might have more luck that way.

Its difficult, most employers probably prefer someone without a disability/autism, either because of ablism or just concerns that an autistic person might be 'difficult', or not cope, or need to much 'managing'.  Some employers are autism friendly, but not enough, the progress is slow.

If you claim Universal Credit then the DWP might be able to help with support/training so let them know.

Seek out other support, and other places for disability friendly jobs.

Just keep applying, and sell yourself as best you can each time.