Hey there...

Hi, I've just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I am Marti, 35 and am currently on the long, long NHS waiting list for Autism assessment, having been referred on from a GP, then been for the initial assessment. 

WinkAlthough I obviously haven't got any official diagnosis at this point, the more I research, analyse myself and hear other peoples accounts the more it feels like I have finally have some answers and understanding about who I am and why I act/feel the way I do. I do now fully believe I am on the spectrum with Asperger's/high functioning autism. No mouth

I have massively struggled with anxiety and depression throught out my life, but particularly in the last few years and am currently on antidepressants. It was only earlier this year that I randomly came across something (I think on Facebook) about autism and nothing had ever made more sense to me. It's still all very new, and confusing, and I still feel very lost as to who I truly am, but atleast maybe have, and excuse the cliché but some light at the end of the tunnel, which I didn't before.

Thank you for creating this community and I hope I can get more understanding of this myself and in time maybe help others too. This is probably alot more long winded than its supposed to be, but to summarize...hello! :) 

Marti