Bored... Depressed, sad and lonely... lol

Hello everyone.

I have joined here, hoping to meet so nice people and make friends  and be friends in real life and not just online.

I suffer from depression.

I have no friends... Well I have one person that says they are my friend

According to an online test clinical-partners.co.uk I am 21 one on the autism/Asperger's score.

I personally think my autism is mild.

I don't like people... I hate being with people. I find it very very very hard to meet people and make friends as I do not trust people. I have trust issues.

But at the same time, I really want to meet people and make friends.

I am 44 years old. I have recently been divorced. I suffer from depression... And I really do not like being depressed and sad... And being constantly emotional.

I have joined this community... To make friends... to Try and help people.. at the same time get help myself by talking to a real human being... Someone who is on the same wavelength as me on this autism spectrum/journey.

I don't know... I just want to feel like a human being and be happy and at the same time try and make someone happy. Innocent

Parents
  • Hi Tux

Welcome to the forum.

Here are my thoughts on what you have written.

You say you don't like people, don't trust people and hate being with people, but that you want to meet people and make friends with people. This sounds like you're in self-sabotage mode. It's no wonder you can't meet people or make friends if you're also not liking them, not trusting them and hating being around them. People will quickly pick up on what we're feeling about them, even if we're pretending.  

I don't like some people.  I don't trust some people and I hate being with some people. That's quite normal. There are many, many, many horrid untrustworthy people out in the world that are simply awful to be around. But not all people. We are people after all.

There is a lot of useful information about mental ill-health on this website:

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/mental-health

And, on Autism:

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/what-is-autism

It's understandable to be feeling emotional after a recent divorce, and I hope you are able to access some therapy for your depression. 

It's nice that you want to help people. Have you considered volunteering? It can make a real difference to your own life and the lives of those around you. You might want to consider c
    ontacting your local Volunteer Centre.

The National Autistic Society also operate an Autism helpline: 0808 800 4104

Have you considered going for anAutism Assessment? While taking online tests can be fun and informative, they are no substitute for a proper assessment.

The good news is that you are already feeling like a human being. Feelings of depression, unhappiness and helplessness are just as human as feelings of joy, happiness and usefulness. They may not be as pleasant as positive ones, but they are still very human. 

You've taken a brave step in joining the forum and reaching out.

Good luck!

• Hi Tux

Welcome to the forum.

Here are my thoughts on what you have written.

You say you don't like people, don't trust people and hate being with people, but that you want to meet people and make friends with people. This sounds like you're in self-sabotage mode. It's no wonder you can't meet people or make friends if you're also not liking them, not trusting them and hating being around them. People will quickly pick up on what we're feeling about them, even if we're pretending.  

I don't like some people.  I don't trust some people and I hate being with some people. That's quite normal. There are many, many, many horrid untrustworthy people out in the world that are simply awful to be around. But not all people. We are people after all.

There is a lot of useful information about mental ill-health on this website:

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/mental-health

And, on Autism:

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/what-is-autism

It's understandable to be feeling emotional after a recent divorce, and I hope you are able to access some therapy for your depression. 

It's nice that you want to help people. Have you considered volunteering? It can make a real difference to your own life and the lives of those around you. You might want to consider c
    ontacting your local Volunteer Centre.

The National Autistic Society also operate an Autism helpline: 0808 800 4104

Have you considered going for anAutism Assessment? While taking online tests can be fun and informative, they are no substitute for a proper assessment.

The good news is that you are already feeling like a human being. Feelings of depression, unhappiness and helplessness are just as human as feelings of joy, happiness and usefulness. They may not be as pleasant as positive ones, but they are still very human. 

You've taken a brave step in joining the forum and reaching out.

Good luck!

Children
No Data