introducing myself

Hi, 

I'm Abbie I'm new here, I'm 21 and was diagnosed 5 years ago.  I've been feeling quite lonely recently. I don't find talking very easy, I get nervous and think I've said something wrong and then start to feel that people are laughing at me 

i like drawing and making things, my favorite things to make are pom poms 

• I’m using my phone so I’m not too sure if I need to use a computer or something to message you. I also really enjoy art, I’ll give anything a go! My main love is photography and editing photos as well. 

• yeah I love art so I'm quite looking forward to it. I'm not sure how you private message on here I'm not very good with technology and computers. 

• For some reason it won’t let me private message you, but have looked. That sounds fun though, I went to a dbt class a few years ago and they did different things in it. I’d like to go to something similar but not too intense! 

• I'm next going on Wednesday and i think they said they do an art session on Wednesdays at 7. the days there open are Wednesdays and Saturdays. 

a square and circle is definitely a good start. Slight smile

• It’s a good thing you gave it a go. When will you go there next? And very true, I’ve been practicing the last few days and I think I’m getting a little better each time, although so far it’s just square and a sort of circle. But it’s a start! 

• yeah i found out about this  group months ago and i only got the courage to go yesterday but glad i did it. 

I'm sure they'll turn out really good, and if they don't its learning experience and then when you make more they'll turn better, the more you practice the better you become. I'm the same I get all these good ideas of things to make then I have a go at making them and its a lot harder than I thought, just got to keep learning. Slight smile

• I get like that with new situations, takes me a lot of tries before I can be a bit comfortable. Thank you, I hope they turn out nicely! The idea may be better then the execution haha

• Hello Abbie welcome to the forum lot’s of friendly people here.Slight smile

• yeah this time of year can be hard with so much going on like Christmas and new year,.  and yeah it just takes me a long time to feel comfortable in new environment, i remember my first time at work i didn't say a word when i first started but now they think I'm the loudest person ever, HAHA

they sound like nice colours, I think your hat and blanket will turn out really nice, Slight smile

• Thank you, I think it’s just the time of year I find most overwhelming. That’s good though that you still did it even though it was scary, more times and you’ll wonder why you were ever scared. I’m thinking greys, blacks and maybe a mustard. I’d like to make a black beanie hat. 

• aww hope you are ok, it was very scary that group but think once I've been a few times and got to know a few people i thin ill be fine hopefully. good luck with you hat and blanket, what colours were thinking of doing the hat and blanket?

• Oh sounds like a full day of things! I’m so glad you enjoyed that group, things like that can be so overwhelming and daunting! My day has been slow, haven’t been feeling too good so just practiced my crocheting which I think is coming along okay. I plan to make a hat and a blanket so I’ve asked for wool for Christmas to do so! I also ordered a set of the crocheting hooks so I can hopefully do smaller and bigger stuff. 

• i had a good day today, i had work this morning which was good and did some Christmas activities and then when i finished i went to this social group for the first time to meet new people i was so nervous i felt sick when i was walking there and my legs felt like jelly but i did it which I'm so glad cos i think i like it they seem nice there. so ithink im going to go back there. 

how was your day? 

• Yeah I think I watched that a little, can’t remember why I never finished it though. How was your day today? Did you get up to much? 

• yeah I think in the show 'Safe' there was girl who went missing and there was house party it was that long ago I watched my memory is terrible. 

• I don’t think I’ll be watching it haha oh I think I may have started watching that ages ago but never finished it. Did it start with a girl gone missing and it started at a house party? 

• yeah that social dilemma one i found that actually quite scary really i just watched it because everyone was going on about it and i just wanted to see for myself. 

Safe was a series on Netflix it was few years ago when i watched it but i quite enjoyed it, they were in a gated community, and some one had killed someone and they searching for the person who it was and there many suspects. I'm quite surprised i enjoyed t as i don't usually watch things like that but i found it really good to watch.