Final Diagnosis!

HI All,

My 12 year old daughter after 2.5 years of waiting finally had her diagnosis through of being on the ASD. We are relieved in a way but kind of sad, but also happy if you know what I mean.

I am look forward to gaining as much assistance as I can for my daughter without making too many changes, but also being able to give her the best and happy everyday life that she deserves.

Any help, tips, advice, grants, assistance would be gratefully received. 

Many thanks take care, stay safe

Liz

Parents
  • Contingency plans!      Whatever you want to get her to do, make sure there are loads of safety nets and plans for her so if she feels anxiety about something, she knows exactly what to do.

Things like going to the cinema with friends - if you get separated, all meet here etc - anything else, make sure she knows you'll be there for her if it all gets out of control - so she feels supported to try things knowing only very small things can go wrong - a plan for every occasion.      Build a pattern of small successes and expand on it.

Good luck!

• Contingency plans!      Whatever you want to get her to do, make sure there are loads of safety nets and plans for her so if she feels anxiety about something, she knows exactly what to do.

Things like going to the cinema with friends - if you get separated, all meet here etc - anything else, make sure she knows you'll be there for her if it all gets out of control - so she feels supported to try things knowing only very small things can go wrong - a plan for every occasion.      Build a pattern of small successes and expand on it.

Good luck!

Children
No Data