Unemployed again!

Hello all.

I was given 24 hours notice that my job was redundant (after 2 weeks consultation) 2 days later I had a meltdown/PTSD episode after not sleeping for 5 days and ended up with police detaining me (in handcuffs) under 136, dumbing me at A&E then when I tried to leave the hospital the A&E staff got the police to handcuffs me again so the police could take me to a “place safety” where I was then detained under section 2 and forced to take antipsychotic meds.

Does anyone have any experience with dealing with medical staff and the police before official diagnosis? From what I’ve read the police and medical professionals are supposed to treat as Autistic even if Autism is suspected.

Also does anyone know of local support groups in Gloucester/Cheltenham.

Thanks in advance.

Parents Reply
  • well it is a long story 

i lived in london from when i was born which is 2004

my mum moved us to manchester 2014

my my and dad separated 2012 / 2013 

so when we moved to manchester my mum had 5 kids to look after in a 2 and a half bedroom house which is tiny for 6 people 

we would constantly get abused and neglected by her 

she would take her shoes off and hit us and being really horrible

i would look after the kids and cook and take them to the park whilst my brother would clean the house 

my dad would come over every 2 weeks for the weekend which because i am Jewish is called Shabbat and should be celebrated every week 

there was a rule and a formal agreement from the divorce jewish lawyers that my dad would take us on holiday every year 

so the first year went great and for me was a nightmare but as long as no-one knows that's great

my mum would always go to israel to see her family 

fast forward to the year of 2016 

again my mum would stay up all night packing and i would be there to help her and then she would hand us over to my dad 

that year it was totally different, i packed all 5 suitcases and i helped to pack hers 

at that time i was 12 and 3 and a half months

and she told me don't tell anyone but i am never returning and yeah she didn't 

the whole holiday i was terrified thinking how the rest of the family will find out 

so my dad found out from his solicitor and the family were just told not sure by whom

fast forward a bit, i went to a foster carer that my dad new from the community 

i loved it there 

and then we lived at dads at 2017 and i had a lot of change and responsibility 

and then i mentally crashed 

had too much useless proffesionals with the wrong help at the very wrong time 

so i went to A&E and said that i want to go into care 

and 11 days of being in there 

i met the perfect foster carer and my mental health kept on escalating and then that placement didn't work 

so i went to a few others 

add a dozen of hospital admissions and yeah 

they found a residential home which i have been nearly a year which ois the longest placement i have had 

so yeah that is how 

Children