My introduction

Hello,

I recently joined and thought I’d introduce myself. I’m in my 40’s and have recently requested a referral from my GP as I think I’ve been trying to ‘deal’ with some autistic characteristics.

A little about me:

• I’m ambitious
  • creative
  • self taught in a lot of what I do
  • get engrossed in projects to the point where I don’t hear telephone calls - it can take me a while to get back into what I’m doing if I get interrupted to go and do something else.
  • like to keep records (games mostly) and catalogue things
  • i have a keen memory for movie scripts and scenes
  • quick to anger when people don’t understand simple tasks I give them
  • get frustrated easily to the point where I get so angry and frustrated that I start hitting myself - usually in the jaw or sometimes the thighs
  • in social situations (outside of my hobbies) I can’t/don’t engage with people, even colleagues and can’t wait to leave
  • have trouble maintaining eye contact - I find it easier to look at their nose or teeth, or just not at them I’m general

While I am still waiting for a referral I thought it best to come here to try and find some feedback and answers from anyone who is either feeing the same as I do (having been asked if I think I may have some form of autism), or anyon3 who has been given a positive diagnosis that can maybe help. 

when I think back, I believe a lot of the problems I am having have been with me for a long time, but they only seem to manifest more nowadays. Plus I’m more aware of some behaviours but struggle to control them when things are particularly tough.

Parents Reply Children
No Data