ADHD and ASD extreme hysteria

Hi My 11 year old son has recently been diagnosed with ADHD and ASD. We have just started ADHD medication and we have had a very extreme meltdown. Not sure is the extra special meltdown could be connected to the tablet taken or is it simply the condition? We are new to this world. Thanks

• Hi

Was he having meltdowns before?

Is he overwhelmed at the mo because of the diognoses?

Iv found  Nordic pure fish oil had worked well but pricey

have you watched any Tony Attwood on YouTube or read his books or read Dr Ross Greene the explosive child.

make sure that anyone who sees him medically or any other capacity is fully qualified and actually has the correct qualifications to assess. Go to a carers meeting locally and talk to lots of other parents especially those of older children because they will be really helpful.

don't know where you are but in the East Midlands Derbyshire autistic services are very good to chat to.

and can I suggest that if he's having major meltdowns that you remove anything that he can hurt himself with or smash like televisions and so on.

research as much as you can on the internet and talk to many people as possible and whatever you do don't become isolated and let it affect your mental health.

the above book the explosive child is amazing and I can't recommend it enough if you can get it on eBay it's only cheaper couple of quid maybe.

the one thing I found through this process is that most doctors and people who are called support workers are not educated enough in ASD or the autism spectrum.

When she realised that they don't know enough and you can educate yourself beyond them you can really help your own child.

there's also a really good YouTube channel by lady in America who is a therapist.her name is Natasha Daniels and that's for anxiety and OCD and it's very good.

Have you applied for disability living allowance as that will be of great help as well.

Hope that helps a bit

• Hi

Was he having meltdowns before?

Is he overwhelmed at the mo because of the diognoses?

Iv found  Nordic pure fish oil had worked well but pricey

have you watched any Tony Attwood on YouTube or read his books or read Dr Ross Greene the explosive child.

make sure that anyone who sees him medically or any other capacity is fully qualified and actually has the correct qualifications to assess. Go to a carers meeting locally and talk to lots of other parents especially those of older children because they will be really helpful.

don't know where you are but in the East Midlands Derbyshire autistic services are very good to chat to.

and can I suggest that if he's having major meltdowns that you remove anything that he can hurt himself with or smash like televisions and so on.

research as much as you can on the internet and talk to many people as possible and whatever you do don't become isolated and let it affect your mental health.

the above book the explosive child is amazing and I can't recommend it enough if you can get it on eBay it's only cheaper couple of quid maybe.

the one thing I found through this process is that most doctors and people who are called support workers are not educated enough in ASD or the autism spectrum.

When she realised that they don't know enough and you can educate yourself beyond them you can really help your own child.

there's also a really good YouTube channel by lady in America who is a therapist.her name is Natasha Daniels and that's for anxiety and OCD and it's very good.

Have you applied for disability living allowance as that will be of great help as well.

Hope that helps a bit