Am I a targeted individual?

As an adult (30) Asperger sufferer, I still struggle with being withdrawn because of the potential grief that I may recieve.

Any ideas how to help myself with this? Tired of being angry at my anxiety all the time... Medication and therapy has assisted but I'm still stuck trying to survive this horrid condition. I just want to be free to be me.

Having lost my entire PIP claim because I sacrifice myself to work, it appears that my wellbeing is of little concern to the powers that be. The harsh reality that I may as well be regarded as a write off with no chance to appeal because I'm too 'weak' to protect myself from life without a fakehood is a sickening afterthought.

I'm looking for something better than this.

• The thing is, are you gonna let these feelings win? Or are you gonna push past and find meaning in life, and people to confide in

A very sound and wise point..... and as you allude, it takes time and guts to let go of everyone’s expectations and their drive to force a square ND peg into a round NT hole.....rather than examine and understand who you are, they will keeping forcing...which can have consequences for your wellbeing.

Foyster.... by recognising it,...you have already made a start. ...

• I had a Narcissistic Father. - I can somewhat empathise with the hate you're feeling. But the best thing I ever did is cut him out, completely. I started playing his games, and wanting to hurt him like he hurt me. I knew it was working, but you start thinking "I'm just as bad as them, except I know better." 

Also, this world is a twisted place, I agree with a lot of your points, so I find it hard to advise since I'm not really dealing with this world either. People are selfish, they play games to better themselves. If a person doesn't fit in society, they get medicated and indoctrinated to this 'perfect lifestyle'.  

The thing is, are you gonna let these feelings win? Or are you gonna push past and find meaning in life, and people to confide in.  I haven't got to that point yet. I feel like it won't happen, but it's nice to keep pushing. 

Good luck in the battles to come. Hope my rambling helps you- even if somewhat.

• Sorry you're having a tough time and that I don't have any advice to offer with you in regards to your difficulties. I work full time as a teacher and receive the enhanced rate of PIP so being in work doesn't mean your application is automatically denied. If you didn't get anywhere when using a support service this may mean that your difficulties aren't severe enough to qualify for the money, which I'd take as being good news! If you're circumstances change you can apply again.

• Hi NAS1574,

If you would like to discuss getting assistance with your PIP claim, or advice regarding your anxiety, please contact the NAS helpline on 0808 800 4104 or the supporter care team at supportercare@nas.org.uk.

http://www.autism.org.uk/get-involved/about-us/contact-us.aspx

• I'm sorry to hear how you are feeling... It will get better.... I'm 27... I really think all the medication that's was and has been prescribed actually made me worst and since i've stopped it. I've been experimenting with diet and have found some big difference to my mood and behavior by eating different foods. For example.... I have a tendency to think a lot at night. If I'm not really tired I will not always sleep. (tough when working)! Melatonin is what helps regulate sleep. I understand it's also a precursor to serotonin (feel good drug). So I've found eating two kiwi's a day & after one or two months it really helps. In terms of anxiety. I have noticed it's worst for me after withdrawing for a period of time. I know it's difficult but sometimes it can be best to keep pushing! I do know how exhausting this can be.... Don't think of yourself as a write off & you could always get help with PIP through a charity. It's still exhausting but it's possible.... Anyway don't overly worry because what's the worst that can happen in a country where capitalist punishment is banned. I mean seriously.... it's not that bad.... I think once we've mastered survival, then we can push for the next thing and the next.... Constantly aiming to reach that point of happiness. Just don't give up and it's going to get better!