If you have a diagnosis for more than one health condition/disability/learning disabilities.. How do they interact and how do you manage?

In the end I'm just me. But I have what seems a long list of issues and I keep wondering which bits are for what diagnosis and how to deal with them. Or do I just  accept everything as a whole.. If you have multiple health issues or multiple diversity how do you manage? 

Parents
  • My diagnosed conditions are DCD, & depression with anxiety.

Currently got a sore back and I've been really busy. My DCD is rampant because of how the pain takes up the brain space needed for motor control. I know this because of my intention tremor being visible and constant. If I'm well it's only before a substantial effort in movement 

My beloved was upfront enough to ask if we needed to make a few adjustments in our kitchen routines to deal with the increased risk of injury when I'm in this kind of state. 

a) it's amazing to have someone notice

b) I'm so pleased he's feeling he can ask - because of his experiences of domestic violence he's often struggling to bring up potentially emotional topics...and I can get upset when I can't do "normal" things

• Hello quirkyfriend  at home so can reply at last! I found your post a very interesting way of putting things. 

I hadn't thought of it that way round. But of course when we are in pain we do become tired more easily and our muscles feel more sore less controlled and I suppose that does take up room. 

When Im really tired my dcd is worse too. I drop, break, loose things more frequently, have no volume control and my "shouting" is worse , propensity to injure myself etc again I agree so nice to have someone notice adjustments might be needed. My food prep and safety in the kitchen got quite bad .. not quite resolved yet. Yes I sometimes get frustrated and upset when "normal" things are difficult. My family are used to me causing calamity.

I hadn't associated it at all, but when I got my dcd diagnosis the Dr talked about headaches, posture, shoulder and back pain because she said part of the dcd is lack of muscle control. So I was intrigued by the next post by Spotty Tortoise. The dr said it would help all of the above if I strengthened my muscles especially my core muscles because if I did it would support my spine more and relieve some of the pressure. She recommended the Alexander technique and Pilates ... 

• Hello quirkyfriend  at home so can reply at last! I found your post a very interesting way of putting things. 

I hadn't thought of it that way round. But of course when we are in pain we do become tired more easily and our muscles feel more sore less controlled and I suppose that does take up room. 

When Im really tired my dcd is worse too. I drop, break, loose things more frequently, have no volume control and my "shouting" is worse , propensity to injure myself etc again I agree so nice to have someone notice adjustments might be needed. My food prep and safety in the kitchen got quite bad .. not quite resolved yet. Yes I sometimes get frustrated and upset when "normal" things are difficult. My family are used to me causing calamity.

I hadn't associated it at all, but when I got my dcd diagnosis the Dr talked about headaches, posture, shoulder and back pain because she said part of the dcd is lack of muscle control. So I was intrigued by the next post by Spotty Tortoise. The dr said it would help all of the above if I strengthened my muscles especially my core muscles because if I did it would support my spine more and relieve some of the pressure. She recommended the Alexander technique and Pilates ... 

Children
No Data