A quick question..

Hi,

So the other day I was speaking with my mum about my Aspergers' and she said to me that she thinks that when I was about 1 or 2 I had the MMR and said that after I had it I started behaving differently. Apparently I presented symptoms of ADHD, which is strange because I have Aspergers' now! But, yeah she said she thinks the jab caused AS and not just mine loads of people and told me the only reason the Government denied it is because they would have to pay out large sums of compensation.

What do people think about this?

Parents
  • I think part of the attraction of blaming MMR is that parents don't want to feel like it's their fault their child is autistic, which they often feel it would be if it was genetic. Silly really, you don't choose your genes; you do choose to vaccinate your child. But if they convince themselves it was because of the MMR, they can also tell themselves that they were pressured to vaccinate their child. And when you want to believe something that badly, it becomes very easy to do. I personally think the reason the symptoms tend to coincide with the jab is due to the stress of said jab, which kick-starts the symptoms that would have appeared later on.

• I think part of the attraction of blaming MMR is that parents don't want to feel like it's their fault their child is autistic, which they often feel it would be if it was genetic. Silly really, you don't choose your genes; you do choose to vaccinate your child. But if they convince themselves it was because of the MMR, they can also tell themselves that they were pressured to vaccinate their child. And when you want to believe something that badly, it becomes very easy to do. I personally think the reason the symptoms tend to coincide with the jab is due to the stress of said jab, which kick-starts the symptoms that would have appeared later on.

Children
No Data