A quick question..

Hi,

So the other day I was speaking with my mum about my Aspergers' and she said to me that she thinks that when I was about 1 or 2 I had the MMR and said that after I had it I started behaving differently. Apparently I presented symptoms of ADHD, which is strange because I have Aspergers' now! But, yeah she said she thinks the jab caused AS and not just mine loads of people and told me the only reason the Government denied it is because they would have to pay out large sums of compensation.

What do people think about this?

Parents
  • Laddo said:

It is widely accepted by the medical community that MMR does not cause autism or Aspergers. People with Aspergers traits have been around long before the MMR vaccine was even thought of, including Beethoven and Isaac Newton. Autism is widely accepted to be genetic

The confusion arises because AS charicteristics start to present at about the same time as the the MMR is administered...but this is not evidence of causality

• Laddo said:

It is widely accepted by the medical community that MMR does not cause autism or Aspergers. People with Aspergers traits have been around long before the MMR vaccine was even thought of, including Beethoven and Isaac Newton. Autism is widely accepted to be genetic

The confusion arises because AS charicteristics start to present at about the same time as the the MMR is administered...but this is not evidence of causality

Children
No Data