Traits exacerbated when tired

This may seem like an obvious question. But is there a link between being tired/exhausted and traits being my prevalent? As an example, I often have auditory processing problems but I can normally get my head around what people are saying with little effort. I'm also normally ok with eye contact when talking to people. I do Brazilian jiu jitsu, and recently moved to a new gym where the sparring is a lot more intense than I've been used to. As a result, I regularly find myself exhausted, and I've noticed that after a round of sparring, I really struggle to understand what my training partner is saying to me. I also noticed today when talking to the coach that I was really struggling with eye contact. I'm not sure if there is a question here, or if this is just a "hey I noticed this thing", but I suppose the question would be, does anyone else experience this?

Parents
  • Most of us lose inhibition when exhausted (or hungry). Children are a good example of what happens when humans get tired. I think we're taught to rationalise through exhaustion just like we're taught to reason through our emotions as an act of kindness to others and sometimes to ourselves. For some this might mean not being able to follow a conversation. Eye contact is a social kindness but an addition to focused listening, so it's good to notice what becomes more difficult for you. I definitely have more difficulty with words when tired.

• Most of us lose inhibition when exhausted (or hungry). Children are a good example of what happens when humans get tired. I think we're taught to rationalise through exhaustion just like we're taught to reason through our emotions as an act of kindness to others and sometimes to ourselves. For some this might mean not being able to follow a conversation. Eye contact is a social kindness but an addition to focused listening, so it's good to notice what becomes more difficult for you. I definitely have more difficulty with words when tired.

Children
No Data