Mixed eating disorders and non binary

I'm 42, born female but identify as non binary(dont feel male or female). I have severe sensory issues with food, an obsession over numbers, a fear of gaining weigh and I restrict my food, over exercise to cope with this. I've tried to find suitable help with it but between autism, being non binary and have complex mix of eating disorders I'm really struggling. I've tried "beat" and have a referral to e.d clinic but the waiting list is about 6 months where I am. 

Anyone any ideas on resources that are more suitable to my situation 

Parents
  • Hi there, I think we posted about the same time...

I don't really have any resources, but also have problems with food, which I see quite a lot with trans female/male and non-binary.

I changed my diet a few years back.  It is always a work in progress, and essentially involves trying to eat more whole foods.  

I do think we are 'force fed' a lot of addictive (fat, sugar, salt, preserved, meat, dairy, carb) type foods in the UK, and because that is where the emphasis is, and everyone is doing it, we think it is normal

I don't cook yet but would like to do more soups, salads, stews and steaming.  All the Ss.  

I know this isn't a resource, and please forgive me for that..... I hope you find your way with food, it is very difficult to have issues around eating.  

All the best

• Hi there, I think we posted about the same time...

I don't really have any resources, but also have problems with food, which I see quite a lot with trans female/male and non-binary.

I changed my diet a few years back.  It is always a work in progress, and essentially involves trying to eat more whole foods.  

I do think we are 'force fed' a lot of addictive (fat, sugar, salt, preserved, meat, dairy, carb) type foods in the UK, and because that is where the emphasis is, and everyone is doing it, we think it is normal

I don't cook yet but would like to do more soups, salads, stews and steaming.  All the Ss.  

I know this isn't a resource, and please forgive me for that..... I hope you find your way with food, it is very difficult to have issues around eating.  

All the best

Children
No Data