Lions Mane mushroom

I dont usually reccomend things but......I found these really help with anxiety and fatigue.  After a couple of days, the effects are really noticable.  Anyone else tried them and found they help?

• Bumping this thread.

Hadn't heard of Lions Mane before and a quick google search brought this thread up.
    Other than the older posts (1 years ago) below, has anyone had any experience with taking Lions Mane?
    If you have previoulsy or are currently taking it, what are the pros and cons, and where do you get yours from? 

• I did have some vivid dreams last night. Nothing very coherent or spectacular but kind of in hi-def. It was something to do with finding interconnecting corridors in an impossible space between my house and the adjoining one. I ventured in and then found there was an extra vertical dimension going upwards too. Maybe some kind of metaphor for neural mapping shifting about. 

• You will probably start to see some positves around 4-7 day mark.  With me, seemed to need to build up in my system.  I stopped ashwagana due to the insane dreams/nightmares i was having every night.

• I've started on both this last 24 hours after seeing this thread. I've taken ashwagandha before. I think I build up resistance to things quite fast though, so the effects can seem to dissipate sometimes. I'm not noticing anything so far - anxiety's as bad as ever, but maybe I need to give it a few days?

• I found ashwagandha to be good for anxiety and stress.

I have heard of lion's mane mushroom being good for the brain, but didn't know it helped with anxiety or fatigue. I might give it a try. I'm really burnt out at the moment with work and keeping on top of chores and life admin. It's exhausting and I just want to curl up in a dark room for days.

• Cbd, st johns wort have no effect on me neither.  Did try cbd and it did have a slight calming effect.  Found lions mane to be 10x better if not more so.  Prescription meds didnt touch it.  Have tried cannabis tincture and that doesnt help either.  Just makes me fall asleep and groggy thre next day

• Dont be sorry, its not too bad and yes.....anxiety is the f ing pits.  I did read sumthing somewhere that says something about the amydgala growing quicker as kids in autistic children, then stopping at 12-13 and then regressing. Apparently this is linked to fight or flight and increased anxiety responses.  Weird thing with me was, i was totally fearless until 11-12.....then worried about everything after.

• Thank you for the recommendation. I'd never even heard of this before and I might give it a try.

I've tried St Johns Wort in the past and have been taking CBD oil recently. Neither had any noticeable effect on my anxiety.

I certainly don't want to go back on prescription meds, they just made my anxiety worse anyway.

• Sorry about your asthma I get that. I ordered it then as I think it's probably got to be worth the risk anyway, anxiety is f-ing awful. 

• I've grown some in the past and you are right.  Supplements are easier and quicker :)

• I havn't noticed any negative effects so far.  Im asthmatic and have some allergies but not noticed anything negative.....think it can lower blood sugars if you are diabetic

• This does look good. I'm a long-term chronic anxiety sufferer and found meds from doctors made it worse so I'm tempted...

Does it have any side effects? 

• Yes probably after a week or so. I wish more people knew about this supplement but no one listens to me.

I'm wondering about maybe trying to grow some but taking supplements is easier :-P

• Awesome, let me know how you get on with them.  I hope they help you :)

• Thank you. I'm going to give this a try, ordered tonight so hopefully be with me before Sunday.

I'm glad it works well for you. 

• Just checked them out.  Amazon sell the above for £10 cheaper for the same amount and has a 10% highter ratio of polysccarides. Also no binding agents or fillers.  Just incase you want to save some money Slight smile

DId you find a noticeable difference after around a week of taking them?

• Yes!  Lots more focused too. I get mine from British supplements. Excellent quality and no fillers.

• I know, i have it pretty bad.  I did find this helps.  I've tried a few different things.  Ashwaganda being one of them (this is good for sleep but vivid dreams).

This is really noticable though.  I hope it helps you too :)

• I haven't heard of this until just reading but looking at the reviews and based on what you said here I'm going to try this myself as I suffer from horrible anxiety every day. I'm hoping it will have the same effect as it has for you.

Be interesting to see how others found it.

• Lions Mane High Strength Extract - 50% Polysaccharides / 30% Beta 1,3/1,6 D Glucan - No Fillers, Binders or Flow Agents - 3rd Party Tested - UK Made (60 Capsule Pouch) https://amzn.eu/d/hV8x19A