Scared about the heat

Is anyone else worried about Monday and Tuesday? There's a weather warning in place here. It could get to 36-degrees here on Monday! I know it'll be hotter elsewhere but this is still a lot of heat to endure. I'm so scared. I don't want to be ill. Do you think it's likely I'll be ill in this heat? I'm going to try and keep hydrated and stay in, hopefully I'll be ok, but it's still scary. Don't want to end up ill and in hospital.

• no idea what TFBR indicate,  It started with a need to entertain myself, and than I noticed that it is happening very often as a response from non-autistic to something that sounds super crazy, but almost believable and plausible, if they have no knowledge in that area. So, I invented the name. I counted amount of blinks once and lost track after a hundred LOL. To me it looks like their brain ends up stuck unable to decide if they should fight, flight or freeze, often when they stop blinkling they just walk past me, as if we were not in conversation, and if I prob them some time later, even 5min later, they have no recollection of the conversation. So what happens during TFBR? Short term memory erasure?

what? have you never tried experimenting on NTs?

I do look in direction of their faces, but no eye contact

• That is interesting. People do seem very complacent about the risks of driving, either to themselves or others. Given the terror that I experience whenever I am in a car, and my complete inability not to forget for one second the potential lethality not only of my own vehicle but of all the ones hurtling towards me, then it would it appear that I fail to go into a trance state! It is all too apparent to me that a good percentage of other drivers have forgotten how easy it is to either die/become injured or cause death/injury whilst in a car. The scary blank and malevolent expressions that disturb me the most though are the ones that drive toward me on narrow country roads, failing to slow down/move over/dim their head lights and, worst of all, failing to smile/wave/acknowledge my presence as I dive into the verge/hedgerow to get out of their way! I like the ones who don't look like zombies, the ones who smile and wave and slow down enough to not raise my cortisol levels so much that any potential benefits of trying to take a walk are negated.

• "Trance state", that would explain an awful lot of what I see on the road.

• I heard a podcaster once observe that every driver of necessity goes into a kind of trance state when driving. At one with the road. Were we not to do so, we'd suddenly 'wake up' screaming at random intervals to realise that we're barreling along in something that's potentially lethal/fatal to someone else/us even when going at at he most scrupulously observed speed limit. I try never to go fully into that state, and am thinking 'funnel not tunnel' and '2 second gap' the whole time. But I worry that a moment's complacency some day could have awful consequences for someone. I really hope not. 

• You are lucky, rain would be lovely but none forecast here.

• I noticed that a lot of people have blank and malevolent expressions when they are driving. It really disturbs me!

• I love goats and alpacas, you are lucky! There are some alpacas near me but sadly they will never come to the fence to say hello. 

• It's cool here now, and rained a while ago which was so welcome.

• It's not too bad today.

I went out at lunchtime and a fresh breeze made it tolerable.

And the supermarket has air conditioning.

• You must look people in the eye more than I do. What does TFBR indicate?

Is it like the mixture of blank and malevolent I get from some normies without even trying?

• Alpacas have funny faces, I bet it attracts children

•  I wish I did, I love South American culture. It was a childrerns petting farm and they got some alpacas there

• It's the kind of thing that makes people go The Furious Blinking Response, when you tell them

• If you have a Karcher Jetwash NOW is probably a good time to go and clean something!

Seriously, it's how they keep cool in Saudi, they mist water over a wide area, and it cools remarkably well.

Out door airconditioning, of a sort... 

• I didn't know you live in South America

• Have to wait till next tuesday, we only play tuesday nights. Its ok though cos we went to a farm this morning before it got to hot and fed some goats and alpacas which really cheered me up a bit

• It has just reached 35c here

• It's 32 degrees

Here right now

• How are you now Luna?

• Yes it makes a huge difference and I am obsessive about doing this in hot weather. I also keep doors closed internally as this enables me to keep at least one room cooler than the others. But like you, I usually have the windows open most of the time, I love to have fresh air and feel very claustrophobic at the moment. Hopefully we will be able to fling our windows open tomorrow morning!