Mental health crash

Over the past few weeks, my mental heath has crashed. My anxiety has increased and the depression I was suffering from has returned in a big way. It seems that a combination of things has happened. 

1, Still waiting for my assessment.

2, MP not being able to sort it out.

3, Health trust not responding to complaints.

4,  Historical trauma anniversaries coming up around this time. 

I'm feeling that I'm not making any progress. 

I have had to refer myself back to talking therapies and am waiting for GP appointment. 

Parents
  • Hi , I have full empathy/understanding with you and any concept of progress.

It is so stressful as you cannot control the slow process, NHS Bean counters forcing adults who require a diagnosis to wait or mis-diagnose.  Health Trusts want to keep complaints quiet - maybe local paper could take up your story?

Anniversaries are difficult, my main traumatic one is a day of celebration for the rest of the UK.

With your GP, could you go to what is a drop-in/open surgery at your practice?

Good luck, many are in similar places currently, in the past or coming in the future on this journey with our condition.

• Hi , I have full empathy/understanding with you and any concept of progress.

It is so stressful as you cannot control the slow process, NHS Bean counters forcing adults who require a diagnosis to wait or mis-diagnose.  Health Trusts want to keep complaints quiet - maybe local paper could take up your story?

Anniversaries are difficult, my main traumatic one is a day of celebration for the rest of the UK.

With your GP, could you go to what is a drop-in/open surgery at your practice?

Good luck, many are in similar places currently, in the past or coming in the future on this journey with our condition.

Children
  • yes, NHS misdiagnoses, happened to my son, 13 years of drugs and trauma, reducing him to the shadow of his intettlligent former self at 17 years old, hes 30 today. if you do get a diagnoses, make sure it makes sense, even in hos, the Dr refused to diagnose my son, but still medicated him!!!

then the medication just made him agressive and confused and a person that has needed constant care ever since, some guy said here recently, he managed for 17 years without drugs, he managed through 13 years with drugs (welll hes not dead) and he kindly said he will come through not having them again, although right now it doesn;t feel like it and i am fearful all over again of hospital and that  trauma,

withdrawals cause confusion aggitation and agression, all the things he faced going on everyone of the drugs, at what point will i see that calm?

someone also said today, this is just a chat space and go see the Doctors about my son.....but its the Doctors that have put him in this situayion.

i apologise for speaking about my son again, but i suppose as its just chat, anything goes, just not abuse and i havent even sworn.

Anyone want to say anything about what i said?

its 3.45 i havent had any sleep because of my sons withdrawals.

he has been in bed since 2.30, he knows what he is doing by being agressive is not right, and hes trying to be in control. which why he went to bed.

i suppose i should shut my eyes a little