WoW ~ noise cancelling headphones ~ just WoW

I am having the weirdest day today, so in truth, I have absolutely no idea if it’s the headphones that are having this effect on me or something else. 

I have no idea what’s going on today. The shock of that wellbeing woman seeing me one way while I saw me another, has sent shock waves through my system that I think have distorted my brain waves. 

I also took my second Ritalin yesterday, which worked amazingly well again. I made a good start on my new course work. And it always leaves me feeling more relaxed the next day as well, when I take a Ritalin. 

But I’ve been out and bought headphones and honestly, it’s like I’m a different person. But I can’t work out if it’s the headphones or something to do with all this other weird stuff that’s going on. 

I’ll guess we’ll have to see. But so far so good. I don’t even want to take the headphones off. I keep taking them off to test what the noise is like without them, and it’s definitely loud. It’s like, it’s no wonder I couldn’t concentrate with all that noise going on. It’s like day and night. However did I manage without them? 

And they feel so comfortable. As if they add a level of comfort that I never knew I needed! 

I’ll let you know how I get on with them over the next few days, but my first reaction is, how in the hell did I live so long without them? Lol! 

Parents Reply Children
  • I went for the Bose ones in the end. It’s funny, because when I went to the shop on Wednesday, it was an nt guy who served me with the headphones, and an undiagnosed, totally unaware, autistic woman who served me with the lap top. I didn’t buy either that day, because I wasn’t sure. 

I was very happy with the information I was given regarding the laptops. I had a clear decsision to make. But it was as if I was completely indifferent to the headphones, even though I had tried them on. 

Today when I went back. The lap top lady wasn’t there, but I had two great people, who were also clearly on the spectrum, helping me with my choice of headphones.

They were great, honestly. It was so funny. I think they were girlfriend and boyfriend, and she had the Bose, and he had the Sony. 

It took a while. But in the end, I went for the Bose. Mainly on comfort. I’m not saying I’ve made the ‘right’ choice. I never know whether I’ve done that. And I’ve definiteiy found out, at times, when I’ve made a bad choice, lol! But I’m always happy with my choice whatever the outcome. And in this case. So far so good. 

And I’m happy with my lap top and printer. 

If this evenings performance is anything to go by, I may have made a wise purchase. I had a really enjoyable time, anyway, with the three autistic people. That’s my kind of friendships :) and my kind of fun :) it makes my heart sing when I have such beautiful connections with people, and especially autistic people and other fringe dwellers, for some reason. It warms my heart for days. 

I also realised something else. People and reviews, keep mentioning aeroplanes, in relation to headphones. This couple both did. Which made me realise another thing where I do the opposite to most people. 

Most people, it seems, find the noise on aeroplanes irritating or something they could do without. I’m the opppsite. I love flying. I especially love long flights to places like India and Australia. And I’ve never thought of this before now, but maybe it’s because there’s less sensory stimulation in an aeroplane than most other places? So I feel calmer there? I even watch movies on a plane. And I rarely watch movies any other time. I’m always gutted when a flight comes to an end and often consider chaining myself to the seat and refusing to move! Lol! I’m laughing but I’m serious!