Spectacles question

I am on the autistic spectrum and wear spectacles.  If anything gets on the lenses (for example small ammount of dust, a bit of sea spray, small bit of oil, a partial fingerprint) it gets to me, more than I would expect it should, I often see people with dirty or even cracked glasses who appear to be unconcerned.  Could this be a symptom of my autism, please?

• It is not that I don't notice my vision getting cloudier with dirty glasses, it is more that I can't make the association until things get very bad. 

By the way, the alcohol hand de-germifier makes a spiffing job of cleaning specs. There was also a fluffy baby face cloth available from pound World which cleaned glasses with no liquid needed, just a bit of breath, but now pound world is on the way out I haven't seen them for some time. 

• I have to have very clean glasses all the time. And mark or scratch is a distraction and usually gives me a headache.

My optician has also commented a few times on the fact that I notice even the most smallest of changes to my eyesight and need my lenses updating for it where usually they wouldn't actually recommend a need for an update.

• Yep, the weather is a very irritating thing at the moment with slipping glasses. I realised I was walking around the house with my head pointing way up in the air for a few days. My neck hurts! As for contact lenses I tried them once and felt like someone had shoved a block of Lego into my eye!

• Lololol, I have compulsions like that too. It's awkward as *** when you want to start telling your friend to take off his top to spot clean it. Not that I've ever done it but *** me I've had the urge! Perfection is the enemy of good!

• I often clean other people's glasses for them because it annoys me to see muck on them! (I ask their permission first)

• Slightly dirty glasses and glasses slipping down my nose get to me too! Yet with contact lenses my eyes feel vulnerable. Can’t win! 

• I do it too. It drives me mad. This weather isn't helping either!

• To Mr Cassio... this last sounds a lot like something I myself would write (!).

To All Else who may read... This Thread is interestingly varied so far. Here, I post another thing, but I think that it is part of "Autism" but anyone given glasses/spectacles can be sensitive and indifferent equally regardless of being NT and ND...

About a year ago, I had my first experience of wearing "Varifocals" (!!). They have little numbers scratched into them, and I am able to see these numbers yet was told that they are usually not seen when wearing them! 

Also, I smudge my Spex everytime my eyebrows drop enough to touch the tops of them, and I have to clean the tops almost every couple of hours.

...Wearing spectacles is an adventure, and a pain, and fun. Live for the adventure! (And Always carry a spare pair.)

I often see people with dirty or even cracked glasses who appear to be unconcerned. 

...I think that cracked spex are just upon those who have as yet to be able to gain/afford repairing them. But it IS possible to see through them, though. It is annoying, but a sort of "have to live with it for now" thing...

• Not sure if it relates to me being autistic, but dirty lenses definitely drives me mad.  I carry a cleaning kit with me everywhere so I can make sure the lenses are like new every time I put them on (I only wear them for reading).

I also have to change my glasses if the lens appears dull or ever so slightly scratched as I cannot focus on anything else but the flaws in the lens.

• I was like this when I first started wearing them, but I later got more used to wearing them so that it now rarely bothers me. At first when I started wearing them, it was quite distracting as I kept looking AT the lenses. I think the trick is to look further, i.e., PASS the lenses. Try looking at a tree 20 meters away as if you would do if you were not wearing spectacles. Your ciliary muscle around the lens should be relaxing (to allows the zonular fibers to become taut, flattening the lens, increasing the focal distance). 

• It is definitely a symptom of mine. 

• I don't wear glasses so can only say: probably.

We're particular, and particularly particular about our own particular particularities.