Sensory issues with deodorant

My daughter struggles to use deodorant due to her sensory issues when putting it on (not the smell of it), tried roll-on, aerosol and pump action spray. Does anyone have any advice please?

Parents
  • I have issues with excema and after a very bad reaction to a deodorant on my underarms I don't use it now if I know the weather is cool and I am going to be little activity so not getting sweaty. I choose to use a perfume spray instead and apply it onto my clothes and wash my underarms before I go out.

Obviously in the summer when the weather is hot or on a day I do exercise I do use a deodorant - Usually a spray, I used to like imperial leather but went off the smell so I now use nivea which is a gentle smell I pick one with 48 hour protection so I don't have to use it everyday. I will still apply to perfume sprays to my clothes on these days to. 

It might be worth asking if it is the feel of something there or does it sting the skin (some make my under arms sting). Usually ones that make me sting will make my skin upset and sweat more and get really red and raw.

Julie

• I have issues with excema and after a very bad reaction to a deodorant on my underarms I don't use it now if I know the weather is cool and I am going to be little activity so not getting sweaty. I choose to use a perfume spray instead and apply it onto my clothes and wash my underarms before I go out.

Obviously in the summer when the weather is hot or on a day I do exercise I do use a deodorant - Usually a spray, I used to like imperial leather but went off the smell so I now use nivea which is a gentle smell I pick one with 48 hour protection so I don't have to use it everyday. I will still apply to perfume sprays to my clothes on these days to. 

It might be worth asking if it is the feel of something there or does it sting the skin (some make my under arms sting). Usually ones that make me sting will make my skin upset and sweat more and get really red and raw.

Julie

Children
No Data