Dyspraxia

I am looking for sites where you can self assess for dyspraxia. Can you help?

Parents
  • Thank you missy. Looking through that list I could definitely  identify with the following:  Poor balance. Difficulty in riding a bicycle, ( Nearly 14 when I learnt. Never that good on it. Not been on a bike for over 35 years), Some people with dyspraxia may have flat feet(have flat feet and high arches, ankles have a tendency to give way if walking a lot) ,Poor hand-eye co-ordination.(Was bad at gymnastics and sport . Usually last to be picked for a team) ,Lack of rhythm when dancing, doing aerobics, Clumsy gait and movement(My late wife often used to comment on this) ,Tendency to fall, trip, bump into things and people ( I sometimes bump into things and people) , Lack of manual dexterity.(Never been good at crafts or DIY. Find things like ironing difficult), Difficulty with typing, handwriting and drawing ( School reports mention my poor handwriting and drawing) ,Inadequate sense of direction, Difficulty in planning and organising thought, Can be messy and cluttered, Difficulty in following instructions, especially more than one at a time,Difficulty in picking up non-verbal signals ,Slow to adapt to new or unpredictable situations, Tendency to opt out of things that are too difficult,Tend to get stressed, depressed and anxious easily,
    May have difficulty sleeping, Prone to low self-esteem, emotional outbursts(though these are controlled quite well by the depot antipsychotic)

• There is a large overlap in a range of conditions which have previously been discussed on the forum. If you use the search at the top of the page you will see that some of what you want to know is already on the forum . Some of it is recent some not but the topics covered are very varied so you might find more information by doing that. The dyspraxia foundation is a useful website. Anyway, Dyspraxia/dcd has (as you have seen) coordination difficulties but what I didn't realise was that autistic folk can do too. How much one is part of the other I don't know. Adhd traits also overlap. And it is said if you are diagnosed with one condition it is most likely you will have overlap with the others. The other day I read something about a condition related to but not entirely adhd and I just thought oh no not something else! Because it fitted me with parts of it really well. How we work it out is up to ourselves I suppose. But yes I tick all the boxes for dyspraxia and adhd and Aspergers and possibly parts of others too my maths is rubbish for example and I get tremors if I get overly tired or stressed. I hope you enjoyed another lightbulb that's me moment!   Look for Neurodiversity ven diagram and you will see the possible overlaps. 

• This is the thing I wanted to ask you about Misfit, you alluded to other conditions that may account for your maths being challenged and tremors if tired or stressed, just wondered what those conditions are?  It's probably not related as I don't think I shake when tired, I think it's just stress/anxiety but it's becoming a permanent state which just induces more anxiety, a particularly stupid vicious circle.

• Good description! What abjumbly jumble!  I found the diagram and did a screen shot then just posted the photo. 

Reply Children
No Data