This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Not Imagining and visualising

I'm keen to know of others experience of not being able to imagine or visualise. I can't image distance or number or space, I can't imagine how to change a room to make it look more appealing, I can't imagine what something will look like once it's tidy or how to go about changes, I can't imagine the future realistically ( I admire those that have 1year 2yr 5yr 10yr plans ahead)... 

Secondly what do I do to change this or does it matter if I can't? 

Parents Reply Children
  • So once again Misfit you are going on what you read. 

On another post 'Environment' you are talking about lies and fabrication. You brought this up. But that's the complete opposite to ASD. 

One minute you attach yourself to something and the next it's something else. 

• Good article...the section on "Social imagination" is particularly interesting.....and I can see how that apply to some and what may keep an individual on an unchanging and "safe" existence day to day and how a "flight or fight" response or meltdown my be triggered if parameters are changed.

I had a real cob-on at the weekend when my husband said we were going out to visit somewhere for a walk, then changed his mind mid-journey (the new destination was just as lovely)...and we ended up home two hours later than I was told we would be....FAR too many variables and not enough time to process this and resulting impact on a how being home 2 hours later would impact on my rigid evening regime.