How to cope in a noisy environment

Could anyone please offer me some advice on how to cope in a noisy environment. Just been out for a meal with friends., I don't go very often because I have difficulties in following  Conversation. Also when I come home my head feel like it is going to explode and have a bad meltdown. 

Parents
  • Are your friends aware of this? That awareness could easily drive them to choose a quieter venue, and perhaps a quieter part of the venue, like at the edge. I got ear protectors for work. I work in a call centre, so yes, I'll look odd with great big Princess Leia ears, but it'll drown out the ambient noise, letting me concentrate. That's likely not practical for this case however you can get earplugs designed to dull background, but make voices clear. earmufs.com/.../

• Thanks for your reply. No my friends don't know.. I don't think they will understand plus I'm only just coming to terms with Autism myself. ( I have difficulties with interaction all my life but only found out a few weeks ago why). I try to meet up later on in the night so it is a bit quicker but still find it hard. Earplugs sound brilliant  think I will try them for when I go shopping etc  because where every you go they all have music blasting in the shops. 

• This is new to me too. Look at my profile here. I have Asbergers. I'm 44. A couple of weeks ago my world was totally different. Music is only one distraction. Modern life is full of beeps and bleeps too. Earplugs are at least discreet.

• Friendly nudge! Aspergers rather than Asbergers.

Reply Children
No Data