PIP assessment. Argh. Any positive stories?

Hello Forum People. 

I had my dreaded PIP assessment for my renewal a week or so ago. I currently get the enhanced daily living component based on a previous mental health issues only diagnosis but since then I've been diagnosed with Asperger's.

The assessment was worse than I expected. I was constantly cut off mid way through explanations and rarely allowed to finish answering questions. When I was able to answer a bit more fully I was asked 'why' again and again: 'why was I not under the mental health team?', 'why did I not receive help from an Asperger's service?' and 'why could I not do x or y?' - all questions beyond my understanding or control (ie funding cuts mean there is not an adult Asperger's service in my area). 

I am now panicking...a lot. My ESA is tied into my PIP benefit. I can't face losing either, let alone both. 

My question is: has anyone had any kind of positive stories about PIP, especially after such a negative assessment experience? I hope so... 

Thank you. 

Parents
  • I have to attend a PIP tribunal next Friday. I am under CAMHS, have a social worker and support worker (3 eligible needs under the care act but no budget, just support to try to get me out and about) I am having to represent myself as my social worker says I am articulate. He is only there to accompany me. I'm confused, as he has gained my trust and yes I can articulate myself. But talking about my most personal problems to a complete set of strangers will be very challenging.

I was awarded standard PIP for care but nothing for mobility as I am sometimes able to go to my G.P (they are one street away, I suffer severe anxiety and come straight home and feel exhausted)

Anyway, I will let you know how it goes. I nearly went for a paper based tribunal at the last minute but have been advised to go. I am awake all night as can only relax when the world is silent and am terrified.

• I have to attend a PIP tribunal next Friday. I am under CAMHS, have a social worker and support worker (3 eligible needs under the care act but no budget, just support to try to get me out and about) I am having to represent myself as my social worker says I am articulate. He is only there to accompany me. I'm confused, as he has gained my trust and yes I can articulate myself. But talking about my most personal problems to a complete set of strangers will be very challenging.

I was awarded standard PIP for care but nothing for mobility as I am sometimes able to go to my G.P (they are one street away, I suffer severe anxiety and come straight home and feel exhausted)

Anyway, I will let you know how it goes. I nearly went for a paper based tribunal at the last minute but have been advised to go. I am awake all night as can only relax when the world is silent and am terrified.

Children
No Data