PIP assessment. Argh. Any positive stories?

Hello Forum People. 

I had my dreaded PIP assessment for my renewal a week or so ago. I currently get the enhanced daily living component based on a previous mental health issues only diagnosis but since then I've been diagnosed with Asperger's.

The assessment was worse than I expected. I was constantly cut off mid way through explanations and rarely allowed to finish answering questions. When I was able to answer a bit more fully I was asked 'why' again and again: 'why was I not under the mental health team?', 'why did I not receive help from an Asperger's service?' and 'why could I not do x or y?' - all questions beyond my understanding or control (ie funding cuts mean there is not an adult Asperger's service in my area). 

I am now panicking...a lot. My ESA is tied into my PIP benefit. I can't face losing either, let alone both. 

My question is: has anyone had any kind of positive stories about PIP, especially after such a negative assessment experience? I hope so... 

Thank you. 

Parents
  • Weird, gaining PIP for me was effortless (also having aspergers syndrome) the assesment was pretty succinct. What I am having issues with is getting ESA, mostly because of those who issue it are entirely incompetant, and because of their incompetancy and lack of help, i don't even know what I am entitled to.

Back on topic however, it sounds to me like you just got stuck with a royal *** hole in the interview, who has no idea how to talk to people with our condition - try issuing as complaint and trying again, is my advice.

• Weird, gaining PIP for me was effortless (also having aspergers syndrome) the assesment was pretty succinct. What I am having issues with is getting ESA, mostly because of those who issue it are entirely incompetant, and because of their incompetancy and lack of help, i don't even know what I am entitled to.

Back on topic however, it sounds to me like you just got stuck with a royal *** hole in the interview, who has no idea how to talk to people with our condition - try issuing as complaint and trying again, is my advice.

Children
No Data