Can you have Asperger's without a 'special interest'?

When I was diagnosed I was told that I had either high functioning autism or Asperger's. The official letter I received stated that my diagnosis was Asperger's. I don't have a special interest that I obsess over though. Well not that I can think of. Do you have to have one if you have Asperger's? Thanks

Parents
  • Tony Attwood's book, 'The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome' states that people with Asperger's don't necessarily have a special interest or obsession. You might find the book helpful as well, I'm slowly reading it and learning lots from it, it's easy to understand and it's got some really helpful stuff. I've always had obsessions and special interests but didn't see them that way until I got the diagnosis and started learning more about autism. 

• Tony Attwood's book, 'The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome' states that people with Asperger's don't necessarily have a special interest or obsession. You might find the book helpful as well, I'm slowly reading it and learning lots from it, it's easy to understand and it's got some really helpful stuff. I've always had obsessions and special interests but didn't see them that way until I got the diagnosis and started learning more about autism. 

Children
No Data