CV

I am at that stage were i need to wright my CV and at 18 im beging to wonder if I should put the fact that I have aspergers on my CV, but I'm worried if I do that i won't be able to get a job because of how crewl the world of work is to those with apergers and austim.

Don't get me worng I'm not looking for a part time job just yet but i like to be perpered for everything and anything that could come up

Has anyone else been in this situation before

[name removed by moderator]

Parents
  • We are not all the same and that is wht I included this text in my introductory document:

The key is to treat each person as an individual and avoid assumptions about their likely performance because they have Asperger's syndrome.

I really dislike 'tell me about yourself' questions as well. I normally ask for clarification but do not receive any. The questions is so vague.

I am reminded of an interview where I was asked why I was the best person for the job. The people interviewing me knew I have Asperger's but when I answered 'I cannot say I am the best person for the job because I do not know the other applicants', one interviewer burst out laughing and the other looked, well I am not sure how she looked but I do know it was not a happy look. I was not offered the position.

• We are not all the same and that is wht I included this text in my introductory document:

The key is to treat each person as an individual and avoid assumptions about their likely performance because they have Asperger's syndrome.

I really dislike 'tell me about yourself' questions as well. I normally ask for clarification but do not receive any. The questions is so vague.

I am reminded of an interview where I was asked why I was the best person for the job. The people interviewing me knew I have Asperger's but when I answered 'I cannot say I am the best person for the job because I do not know the other applicants', one interviewer burst out laughing and the other looked, well I am not sure how she looked but I do know it was not a happy look. I was not offered the position.

Children
No Data