Some questions about the RAADS-R Autism test

When filling out the RAADS-R 

embrace-autism.com/.../

The response options are 

1. True now and when I was young
  2.  True only now
  3.  True only when I was younger than 16
  4.  Never true

But I'm a bit unsure what I should put if something is sometimes true but sometimes isn't. Should I put option 1 because that is more accurate than option 4. But if it isn't true all the time then option 1 doesn't seem that accurate either.

I'm also confused what to put in response to questions like 

"I have a hard time figuring out what some phrases mean, like 'you are the apple of my eye.'"

because I do know what it means because I've learnt what it means, but I can't work out why it means that. So how should I answer?

"I am considered a compassionate type of person" - this one, I think other people would consider me a compassionate person, but I thinks that's probably because of masking or something, so not sure what I should answer this one.

I think I am probably over thinking all this, but it's important I get this right, especially as I want to show my results to my GP if I ask about getting a disgnosis.

Parents
  • "I have a hard time figuring out what some phrases mean, like 'you are the apple of my eye.'"

I know what this means (your my favourite) but what the hell does an apple have to do with an eye?? Is it because they are a similar shape?. 
    I did come across another one of these phrases a few days ago (although I have heard this before. “Close but no cigar”. I know it means something nearly happened but what does a cigar and it actually happening have in common? 

• "Close but no cigar" - I think, from watching some movies and TV shows, that it's traditional after signing a big deal or agreement to celebrate by lighting and smoking big fat cigars. 

So then "close but no cigar" meant someone got close to agreeing a big deal, but not close enough to have actually signed the documents and completed the deal.

• "Close but no cigar" - I think, from watching some movies and TV shows, that it's traditional after signing a big deal or agreement to celebrate by lighting and smoking big fat cigars. 

So then "close but no cigar" meant someone got close to agreeing a big deal, but not close enough to have actually signed the documents and completed the deal.

Children
No Data