Problem with my behaviour and body..

Hi,

I’m Nesmah from Yemen, and I’m 27 years old.

I was born a twin, but I’ve always felt different from everyone else. I developed a physical tremor when I was two years old, and I haven’t been able to stop it since. It hinders me, yet it’s also my only way of thinking, my world. Life in Yemen isn’t like the rest of the world; things here can be very difficult. As a child, because of the tremor, I was beaten frequently by my family, my mother, and at school. I also had trouble speaking, often swallowing half my words. I couldn’t even scream. I had no one, and in truth, I’ve been alone ever since.

Although my mother stopped beating me when I turned 22, she still gets angry with me because she wants me to be "normal."

I can’t walk like others; my feet don’t touch the ground properly. I also can’t hold a pen, and I hate using them. I’m always nervous and afraid, and I can’t let anyone hug or touch me.

When I cry, it only lasts for a second or two. I don’t feel much beyond anger, but I am smart. I’ve taught myself everything I know.

I don’t know how to walk properly or how to stop my body and head from shaking. I also don’t know how to stop the abuse I’ve faced. Sometimes, I feel like I might do something really bad, even though I don’t want to—because I’m terrified of going to jail

Parents
  • Hello Noon,

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear about your physical issue. At the same time, please note that I've deleted your surname as it breaks our rule 2:

"This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, contact details, social media, or photographs of yourself."

All the best,

Karin Mod

• Hello Noon,

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear about your physical issue. At the same time, please note that I've deleted your surname as it breaks our rule 2:

"This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, contact details, social media, or photographs of yourself."

All the best,

Karin Mod

Children