Can anyone help me please, I am looking for support/groups for adults with autism or any help anyone could give.

Hello, my name is steffan and I have undiagnosed autism/adhd I have done my first assessment and was told it is absolutely certain that I have really high indications of autism and that is what they are initially going for with my diagnosis assessment which I am currently waiting for and because I am now in a very difficult situation as I don’t know when I will get my diagnosis and also I don’t have access to certain support types due to no official diagnosis. I have joined an autistic group for adults which I do every Tuesday and it is great! I feel like I finally have somewhere I fit in and it just feels nice to be a part of but it is only an 8 week programme so my anxiety is through the roof with what I will do after, I am currently doing a scm course (structured cognitive management) but I hate it, I don’t fit in I don’t feel like anyone is the same as me and I just all round have severe anxiety around this group and I don’t know what to do. I have been in meltdown a couple of times this last week as I don’t know how to process what I am feeling from this. Please can anyone give me advice or information that would help me, I just really want to find another group for autistic adults that I could join or get support from as I don’t know where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated and a huge help. 

Parents
  • Some suggestions, which I hope might help:

1. Check the NAS's Autism Services Directory, which does include groups among its listings. You'll need to specify what you're searching for (I suggest keeping it to "group", at least initially), and then enter your postcode and select a search distance / radius (0, 5, 10, 20, or 50 miles).

2. Consider joining (or even founding) an online NAS branch - the linked page includes details of online NAS clubs focusing on books, arts and crafts, running, and LGBTQ+.

3. Contact your nearest volunteer-led local NAS branch, to see whether they can offer support or make any recommendations for you, informed by their local knowledge. 

4. Try searching on Facebook for autism groups in your area. 

5. Finally, it's always worth trying Google (or other search engines). I'd suggest a search phrase like: autism support group and then also including the name of where you live - or the nearest sizeable towns, doing separate searches for each of them.

• Some suggestions, which I hope might help:

1. Check the NAS's Autism Services Directory, which does include groups among its listings. You'll need to specify what you're searching for (I suggest keeping it to "group", at least initially), and then enter your postcode and select a search distance / radius (0, 5, 10, 20, or 50 miles).

2. Consider joining (or even founding) an online NAS branch - the linked page includes details of online NAS clubs focusing on books, arts and crafts, running, and LGBTQ+.

3. Contact your nearest volunteer-led local NAS branch, to see whether they can offer support or make any recommendations for you, informed by their local knowledge. 

4. Try searching on Facebook for autism groups in your area. 

5. Finally, it's always worth trying Google (or other search engines). I'd suggest a search phrase like: autism support group and then also including the name of where you live - or the nearest sizeable towns, doing separate searches for each of them.

Children
No Data