Does your sense of injustice get you in trouble?

I used to not say anything because I hate confrontation but as I’ve gotten older it’s stronger and I feel I need to do something about it. So I end up doing or saying things more so which I feel is right and justified in the moment but then I can’t cope with the backlash and I end up second guessing myself and having major panics that the other person will do something awful to me as a result.

I always handle things the wrong way.

Parents
  • Think it's our hyper awareness getting in our way. Anything we see as not right, we pay greater attention to and so it feels like a bigger deal to us. I remember this one time I joined this group of people for D&D like games. There was this one player who would often get shut down when he expressed himself. I thought it was mean of them, so I talked to the DM (the game host) about it and he agreed to be watchful of behaviour, but warned me that there was a reason the player was often shot down. Eventually I came to understand it for myself, that this player had a very strong sense of "my way is the right way", and the other players had been through it enough that they knew when to check him on his behaviour. Once I realised this, the struggle became to hold onto my middle ground and not join the chorus of people telling this one person to stop.

• Think it's our hyper awareness getting in our way. Anything we see as not right, we pay greater attention to and so it feels like a bigger deal to us. I remember this one time I joined this group of people for D&D like games. There was this one player who would often get shut down when he expressed himself. I thought it was mean of them, so I talked to the DM (the game host) about it and he agreed to be watchful of behaviour, but warned me that there was a reason the player was often shot down. Eventually I came to understand it for myself, that this player had a very strong sense of "my way is the right way", and the other players had been through it enough that they knew when to check him on his behaviour. Once I realised this, the struggle became to hold onto my middle ground and not join the chorus of people telling this one person to stop.

Children
No Data