Update on Confused post .Still confused.

So following my post from almost a fortnight ago, I'm still confused. 

Update.

So the guy I mentioned before, has continued to give me gifts. And I believe even flirted with me.

So I asked a third party to offer him my phone number. She later told me that he does want me in his life, but he is not looking for a romantic relationship. More companionship. And I'm okay with that, I think.

But she also said that he doesn't want my number just yet because he needs to process the situation. I kind of get this (as i too am Autistic), but I feel like I'm getting mixed messages from him.

Why would someone behave in that way (gift giving and flirting) if they didn't want a friendship to develop into something more ? So, what is there to process ?

Him not wanting my number feels a bit like rejection or game playing if I'm honest. And this is making me feel like I want to withdraw, and not go to the group that we both attend anymore.

Am I looking at this all wrong ? 

Please be kind, I'm fragile. 

Parents
  • Good afternoon,

I had a pen friend (snail mail); who kept on sending me gifts and money (odd behaviour as wanted to say thank you for being my friend); think she was unhappy and she made a  huge mistake. In the end I had to stop writing to her and torn up my letter, sent it back to me and said I used two hurtful words. Then she went onto soical media to find new pen pals.

Advice don't give out your number and you may end up with loads of messages throughout day and night.

Can you speak to the group leader privately? In my group there is one person who talks non stop. I'd told her 4x to stop talking as trying to listen to the speaker. Going to mention something at the next meeting (,if happens again); people are treating me like a child with a learning disability. 

• Good afternoon,

I had a pen friend (snail mail); who kept on sending me gifts and money (odd behaviour as wanted to say thank you for being my friend); think she was unhappy and she made a  huge mistake. In the end I had to stop writing to her and torn up my letter, sent it back to me and said I used two hurtful words. Then she went onto soical media to find new pen pals.

Advice don't give out your number and you may end up with loads of messages throughout day and night.

Can you speak to the group leader privately? In my group there is one person who talks non stop. I'd told her 4x to stop talking as trying to listen to the speaker. Going to mention something at the next meeting (,if happens again); people are treating me like a child with a learning disability. 

Children
No Data