Anyone else have an issue where they 'see' an image/idea in their head, before they are able to describe it in a concrete, linear way which others can understand?

Curious to know whether this is just my experience.

And if so, how you got round this?

Parents
  • Yes, many people experience this. It's common to have a vivid mental image or concept before finding the right words to explain it clearly. This process often involves working through abstract ideas internally before translating them into concrete, understandable language.

• Yes, many people experience this. It's common to have a vivid mental image or concept before finding the right words to explain it clearly. This process often involves working through abstract ideas internally before translating them into concrete, understandable language.

Children
  • I think it's called a visual learning style, it goes both ways, you have to be able to picture something described to you to understand it and you have to describe the picture in your mind to another. It's difficult to describe things when others have a completely different learning style or if they try to teach you something. For example when people talk to me about maths I see an enormous, inpenatrable grey concrete wall, that stretches in front and above me, there are no doors or windows and it's smooth and unscalable, I can throw my mind against it to try and batter it down, but I just end up more confused and with a headache. It always surprises me that others don't understand this.