So how long does this "acceptance" sh*t take then?

Hmmm.......so 4 months into my 'diagnosed' state (48yo), and I'm not feeling a whole heap of acceptance. I am still feeling quite bitter and resentful. Everything I see around me in life and at work seems to have been, and continues to be, designed with a slightly different species in mind.

I have started reading this forum more often, even though I'm scared of keep seeing my reflection in these threads, and am following some overtly divergent contributors on Facebook. I was skeptical that at my age, with my history, that I could somehow find 'inner peace' (I mean, really - what the hell is that even supposed to mean?), but at the moment I'm heading in the opposite direction. Those long-cherished hopes of finding the right therapy, the right antidepressant to 'sort me out' seem absurd. 

I recall seeing a quite old entry on here where a user refers to feeling much better about the state of things 4 years in. FOUR YEARS? (yes, I am shouting). I don't think I can maintain even the current crumbling facade for another 3+ years. Especially now I recognize the effort I am putting in, and the energy this costs me.

Parents
  • First we accept ourselves.

They we find love for ourselves as we are.

Then we forgive everyone else and let them off the hook.

Now I prescribe for you some binaural sound therapy you can do on your own. Use headphones, flat EQ settings.

Here's a link.

Try it out of an afternoon and see if it doesn't help.

– before you play this - install an ad blocker extension to your browser! It needs to not be interrupted!. – and DONT do it while driving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fps2bqFV5nM&ab_channel=GoodVibes-BinauralBeats

binaural sound therapy has helped me enormously.

You can also buy these. The Monroe Institute in Virginia has been working with autistic people for decades. they are the ones who first developed the binaural therapy. – (aside from Mongolian throat singers and pacific islander's choral traditions.)

I will attach a screen shot of the extension I use on Firefox, but there are ad blockers for all browsers.

• First we accept ourselves.

They we find love for ourselves as we are.

Then we forgive everyone else and let them off the hook.

Now I prescribe for you some binaural sound therapy you can do on your own. Use headphones, flat EQ settings.

Here's a link.

Try it out of an afternoon and see if it doesn't help.

– before you play this - install an ad blocker extension to your browser! It needs to not be interrupted!. – and DONT do it while driving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fps2bqFV5nM&ab_channel=GoodVibes-BinauralBeats

binaural sound therapy has helped me enormously.

You can also buy these. The Monroe Institute in Virginia has been working with autistic people for decades. they are the ones who first developed the binaural therapy. – (aside from Mongolian throat singers and pacific islander's choral traditions.)

I will attach a screen shot of the extension I use on Firefox, but there are ad blockers for all browsers.

Children