Volunteering abroad

Hi everyone.

I've been looking into volunteering abroad for a little while now, it's something that I would love to do. I've lived so much of my life in anxiety and fear, and I finally just want to LIVE it.

Does anyone know of any volunteering abroad opportunities for neurodivergent people? I've looked into various companies, but I'm worried that the change and social interactions will just be too difficult, so I'd like to work with people who understand. I've tried searching for organisations like this but I can't seem to find any. Any advice?

Parents
  • Hi I have worked in America at summer camps I’m on the spectrum as well but I managed to work in the states. It wasn’t voluntary work I got paid. Not gonna lie it’s hard work long hours up at the crack of dawn not going to bed until super late at night. But I loved every second of it. The last camp I worked at was a camp for children with autism some where high functioning and some were non verbal and violent but it was so rewarding. I told the camp I was on the spectrum and they took me on and there were other staff members on the spectrum as well. If your interested in that don’t go with camp America go with USA summer camp which was the agency I used their cheaper. If you want any more information let me know. 

• Thank you! I'll look into that.

Reply Children
No Data