Checking

Does anyone out there have an issue with checking.Some days it is not there the  other days it is this annoying monkey on me.i worry have i locked the front door turned a tap off is the Cat locked in somewhere because of me.

I sometimes end up going back ti the house if I cannot shake it.

Any good tips to control this or do share if there are fellow checkers out there.

I also when out and about will constantly check my pockets for phone wallet keys etc.

Parents
  • PIlots do this stuff all the same in order to ensure flawless execution of the main task.

Neuro typical pilots try to do it quickly and unobtrusively with style, and learn the checklists by heart.

Me, I liked to get the actual list out and make the period before departure much longer and tedious than perhaps it really needs to be. 

The one time I forgot to do a proper "walkaround", was the one time I took off carrying a preventable defect...

Instructors remarked on my "engineering inspections" and fellow pilots got exasperated real quick, but my position was always "if my well being is partially dependent on me being a bit slow because I have to do more checks than others need to" then I dont; care about being viewed unfavourably by my peers. 

IF I have to do anything important or complex, if I possibly can, I write a checklist first of everything vital to the sucess of the mission, and then work through it methodically, whilst frantically using my spare capacity to see what I've missed off my list. 

THEN the STUFF gets DONE!! 

If I try and "wing it" like a neurotypical , my complete lack of abilty to "magically see into the future and read other peoples minds" (which neurotypicals unquestionably have) causes my life to rapidly develop into something resembling an uncontrollable methane fuellled blaze at a sewerage plant.

• PIlots do this stuff all the same in order to ensure flawless execution of the main task.

Neuro typical pilots try to do it quickly and unobtrusively with style, and learn the checklists by heart.

Me, I liked to get the actual list out and make the period before departure much longer and tedious than perhaps it really needs to be. 

The one time I forgot to do a proper "walkaround", was the one time I took off carrying a preventable defect...

Instructors remarked on my "engineering inspections" and fellow pilots got exasperated real quick, but my position was always "if my well being is partially dependent on me being a bit slow because I have to do more checks than others need to" then I dont; care about being viewed unfavourably by my peers. 

IF I have to do anything important or complex, if I possibly can, I write a checklist first of everything vital to the sucess of the mission, and then work through it methodically, whilst frantically using my spare capacity to see what I've missed off my list. 

THEN the STUFF gets DONE!! 

If I try and "wing it" like a neurotypical , my complete lack of abilty to "magically see into the future and read other peoples minds" (which neurotypicals unquestionably have) causes my life to rapidly develop into something resembling an uncontrollable methane fuellled blaze at a sewerage plant.

Children
No Data