Not being able to calm down

Something happened that was out of my control. I didn't know what was going to happen next, what had been said, if it could happen again, if I was being told the truth. I totally lost control, pacing, this makes be calmer, my head was going to explode with all the thoughts. I was crying, angry and I just couldn't explain what the problem was at the time because I was out of control. I only know now because I was helped to calm down by someone and now I'm feeling in control I can discuss what the problem was. I'm not diagnosed yet was this a meltdown? What was it? 

Parents
  • It's great that you were able to calm down eventually with the help of someone else.  There're helpful videos on youtube and books to learn different coping strategies on how to deal with meltdowns and shutdowns as I'm sure you'll know.  It's frightening when it happens and exhausting afterwards but you got through it which shows you can cope.  You are strong.  No one is perfect and we all need support at times.  I'm glad you got the support you needed. 

• It's great that you were able to calm down eventually with the help of someone else.  There're helpful videos on youtube and books to learn different coping strategies on how to deal with meltdowns and shutdowns as I'm sure you'll know.  It's frightening when it happens and exhausting afterwards but you got through it which shows you can cope.  You are strong.  No one is perfect and we all need support at times.  I'm glad you got the support you needed. 

Children
No Data